Garner's Scotty McCreery In The Final Two On American Idol

"American Idol" finalist Haley Reinhart won't be growling on this season's finale.

The jazzy 20-year-old vocalist from Wheeling, Ill., best known for her signature singing snarl, was revealed Thursday to have received the fewest viewer votes on the Fox talent contest, leaving deep-voiced 17-year-old country crooner Scotty McCreery of Garner, N.C., and 16-year-old songbird Lauren Alaina of Rossville, Ga., to compete on next week's finale.

The pair will perform Tuesday, with the 10th season "Idol" champion unveiled Thursday.

• by Endurance Swimmer Location: Greenville on May 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    I love Scotty also! I'm not voting because he's from N.C., he has talent, plus I love country myself! It was time for Haley to go, but I like Lauren also, she's a good singer! Go Scotty!!
  • by Dave Location: Neverealm on May 20, 2011 at 04:51 PM
    I love Scotty even though he is from NC. Scotty is amazingly talented and even more HOTT! Go Scotty!!!
  • by Marge Location: ENC on May 20, 2011 at 02:16 PM
    To Sara from Rocky Mount. We all have different tastes in music and we look at things differently as individuals. Just because you did not think that Scotty had the best voice to be in the last two, does not mean that overall America did not vote for the best talent that they were presented. We should be proud of all the talent and not put any down just because we are biased for any reason. I am sure that he got into the final two because America voted him in for his talent and not just because he was from NC. I think he did a fabulous job for such a young man. His love for God just glows from within!
  • by fred Location: Martin County on May 20, 2011 at 01:49 PM
    Gooooo, Scotty!
  • by Donna Location: Ayden on May 20, 2011 at 01:19 PM
    Scotty is an amazing singer with a voice tone that matches Josh Turner note for note. Most of all, he is such a fantastic witness of his faith in God. I hope he wins! GO SCOTTY!
  • by Anon Location: Washington on May 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    I'm not really and American Idol fan, but I am a country music fan and of course and NC girl so I hope Scotty wins!
  • by Sam Location: Kitty Hawk on May 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM
    American Idol is boring. My wife watches that while I watch sports. That saying hope the NC boy wins.
  • by Sara Location: Rocky Mount on May 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    As I said before, he may be in the finals but he definitely wasn't the better singer of any of the last 2 that were voted off. Don't vote for someone because they come from NC but because they are the best singer.
  • by Anonymous on May 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    Is this the first time that there will be 2 country singers in the final? Scotty has an amazing voice and hopefully a long singing career in his future.
  • by Get Er Done !! on May 20, 2011 at 09:24 AM
    So glad he is a finalist. Everyone in NC needs to vote for the Hometown Boy. He is really making NC proud. He is an American Idol..

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122282834 - witn.com/a?a=122282834