A Los Angeles County sheriff's official says homicide detectives have re-opened their investigation into the 1981 drowning death of actress Natalie Wood.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says the agency is taking another look at the case after recently receiving additional information. A news conference has been scheduled for Friday with the detective leading the investigation.
Whitmore declined to release any additional details about what information detectives had been given.
Wood drowned on Nov. 29, 1981, after a night of partying with husband Robert Wagner and "Brainstorm" co-star Christopher Walken on the couple's yacht anchored off Santa Catalina Island.
Coroner's officials ruled the death of the "West Side Story" star an accident.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.