FCC To Lower Volume On Commercials

If you're tired of high-volume commercials, the government has heard you loud and clear.

A new federal rule will prohibit commercials played much louder than television shows. The Federal Communication Commission imposed the rule on Tuesday, after thousands of viewer complaints.

And you won't hear a difference right away, the rule limiting spikes in volume won't take affect for another year.

• by WITN: Not As Guilty on Dec 14, 2011 at 04:47 PM
    WITN is not nearly as guilty as some other stations out there. I would name names, but I might be wrong.
  • by Back Location: Gvlle on Dec 14, 2011 at 09:44 AM
    I remember this same story from last year. So why the repeat?
  • by DP Location: eastern n c on Dec 14, 2011 at 07:03 AM
    Its about time. The car commercials were the worst. One thing the government got rite.
  • by Volume on Dec 14, 2011 at 07:00 AM
    Great, now those annoying Obama ads will not be so loud!!!
  • by The Original ENC Location: enc on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:55 AM
    WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, THE COMMERCIAL IS TOO LOUD!
  • by Citizen1 on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:53 AM
    I too hate those loud commercials ... but isn't it amazing at the things that the government HEARS the people and does something about. We The People could already fix that problem with the MUTE button ... which is apparently the button that the government uses on We The People when we complain about Real Problems in Our Country.
  • by Shine Location: NE NC on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:02 AM
    Some co. made a TV that would monitor the d/b's. It would fluctuate to a desired setting........ Can't remember the company and haven't seen the TV anywhere. Great idea though........ maybe it was in Popular Mechanics or something...... hmmmmm.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 14, 2011 at 05:51 AM
    They are so loud even the hearing impaired think they are too loud. Now if they can just get the robo calls to stop prior to elections I will be happy. Before Herman Cain dropped out I got at least 5 calls from his recorded voice.
  • by Suddenlinkhater Location: Greenville on Dec 14, 2011 at 05:47 AM
    SUDDENSTINK is one of the main colprit's. Which brings me to my next tangent..The cable & utilities companies in Greenville are horrible. We have to pay higher utilities because GUC buys theirs from Carolina Progress & Energy.
  • by Gary on Dec 14, 2011 at 05:42 AM
    I without delay Mute the TV when the commercials start rolling!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135566813 - witn.com/a?a=135566813