Ariel Castro's Son Says Life Sentence 'Appropriate'

CLEVELAND (AP) - The son of the Cleveland man who admitted kidnapping, raping and enslaving three women for about a decade says his father belongs behind bars for the rest of his life.

In an interview Monday on NBC's "Today" show, Anthony Castro said he has nothing to say to his father, Ariel Castro, and will not visit him in prison.

Fifty-three-year-old Ariel Castro is expected to be sentenced Thursday to life in prison plus 1,000 years after pleading guilty last week to 937 counts in a deal that spared him the death penalty.

The three women disappeared between 2002 and 2004 when they were 16, 14 and 20 years old. They escaped in May when one of them kicked out part of a door and called to neighbors for help.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 217395941 - witn.com/a?a=217395941
Gray Television, Inc.