Boil Water Order Lifted For 2-Million In Boston Area

Massachusetts officials have lifted the boil water order for 2 million people in the Boston area who were told their tap water could be unsafe after a crucial water main broke over the weekend.

Authorities said Tuesday that tests showed the water is now safe for drinking.

Gov. Deval Patrick had issued the boil order Saturday area after the pipe in Weston failed. The 10-foot-wide pipe has been repaired, and authorities had been waiting for the results of water quality tests before lifting the order.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 92749209 - witn.com/a?a=92749209
Gray Television, Inc.