A prosecutor's assistant says an Ohio man accused of putting two children in a trash bin has been found guilty of attempted murder and other counts.
An executive assistant to Montgomery County Prosecutor Mathias Heck Jr. said Tuesday that Tommie Johnson Jr. pleaded no contest Monday to attempted murder, kidnapping, domestic violence and tampering with evidence.
Authorities say Johnson put the 8-month-old boy and 2-year-old girl in the trash after a dispute with their mother. Police say two electricians rescued the thirsty, hungry children July 27 after they had been in the bin about 13 hours.
The assistant says a judge found the 39-year-old Johnson guilty on all counts and will sentence him April 28.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.