85-Year-Old Says She Was Strip Searched At JFK

An 85-year-old New York grandmother says she was injured and humiliated during a strip search at a New York City airport.

Lenore Zimmerman says she was on her way to a flight to Fort Lauderdale, Fla. She says she was searched after she asked to forgo body the scanners because she worried it would interfere with her defibrillator.

She says she is hunched over, weighs about 110 pounds and is going to be 86 in February. "Do I look like a terrorist?" she asked. She says the screener made her take off her pants.

She says she banged her shin and it bled during the ordeal at Kennedy Airport. The Transportation Security Administration says she was not strip searched. A TSA statement says a review of closed-circuit television footage shows proper procedures were followed.

• by really?? Location: enc on Dec 5, 2011 at 07:52 AM
    If they followed procedures and did nothing wrong why not release the tape??
  • by 40some on Dec 4, 2011 at 04:29 PM
    Sick idiots just wanted to see her tatas.
  • by Billyjoejimbob on Dec 4, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    I'm glad they did it. What better Decoy than a Poor, Hunched over, Little Old Lady to take a bomb on a plane. Get over it people ! And if this poor Little Old Lady did get on a plane and blew it up and killed one of your loved ones, you'd be crying, "Why didn't the TSA do something"? It's a cruel world we live in people, get over it.
      by To Billyjoejimbob on Dec 4, 2011 at 04:20 PM in reply to Billyjoejimbob
      You are sooo right!
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Dec 5, 2011 at 03:50 PM in reply to Billyjoejimbob
      There's a fine line between usual and customary, and over-kill. This was over-kill.
  • by billy Location: wilson on Dec 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    wheres the beef lol
  • by tom Location: kinston on Dec 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    little old ladies can carry bombs too
  • by concerned in US on Dec 4, 2011 at 09:33 AM
    I think the fact that such tactics are necessary in America is horrible. I also believe we need to do whatever is necessary to protect ourselves and our country. I would not want myself or a family member searched in this manner BUT if it is necessary to protect so many then I believe it should be done (whether to me or anyone else). I do feel that if there happens to be a family member or trusted friend present, the person being searched should be allowed to reqest that the person could be with him/her. This would help with the trust factor even though any form of this would be embarrasing. As for her age or physical appearance---THESE DAYS THAT CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO CAN BE TRUSTED BY THE WAY THEY LOOK!!!!! Regretfully our country no longer respects our elderly and many of our elderly no longer respect themselves or our country.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 4, 2011 at 08:17 AM
    I mean, seriously, think about it. The TSA has done a great job when it comes to apprehending, detaining, questioning, and searching toddlers, grandparents, everyday citizens...but so far, NOT ONE terrorist.
      by u choose on Dec 4, 2011 at 01:28 PM in reply to
      Exactly...
  • by c-had Location: police stae nc on Dec 4, 2011 at 08:16 AM
    Sadly this is just the beginning.In my lifetime I have witnessed the US become a police state.Those scumbags will do anything they are told because they have to keep their jobs.I was just following orders,anyone heard that before..... reminds me of the Nazis This really pisses me off
  • by Anonymous on Dec 4, 2011 at 07:13 AM
    For all of these intrusive detentions / searches that have been going on since 9-11-01, I can't help but wonder: Exactly how many terrorists have been apprehended by the TSA?
  • by Anonymous on Dec 4, 2011 at 06:52 AM
    Why complain? This is the culture that we have created for ourselves here in the US. Treat everyone equal right?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134975738 - witn.com/a?a=134975738