One Dead, Eleven Treated For Carbon Monoxide

Officials say one person died, two emergency responders were hospitalized and nine others were treated after being overcome by carbon monoxide in central Kansas.

Fire Marshal Roger Williams says a woman called authorities after finding her friend unconscious inside his Salina town house Wednesday evening.

Williams says a paramedic and firefighter who went into the home collapsed and had to be rescued by other firefighters. The two were hospitalized.

Williams says seven Salina Fire Department personnel, a police officer and the woman who called for help were treated at Salina Regional Hospital for elevated carbon monoxide levels.

The hospital reported that one of them died, but no name or details were released.

Williams says the carbon monoxide came from a car that had been left running in an attached garage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 83544512 - witn.com/a?a=83544512