Family Of Three Electrocuted Installing Ham Radio Antenna

Police in Florida say a mother and father and their 15-year-old son died after being electrocuted while putting up a ham radio antenna at their Palm Bay home.

The victims were identified Tuesday as 55-year-old Melville Braham and 49-year-old Anna Braham and their son, Anthony.

Authorities say rescue crews responded to a 911 call Monday evening and found the three on the ground not breathing.

Authorities say the Brahams were attempting to raise the antenna when they lost control of the pole and it hit an overhead power line. The impact sent 13,000 volts of electricity through the pole.

Anna Braham was pronounced dead at the scene. Melville and Anthony were taken to a hospital where they were pronounced dead.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 13, 2009 at 04:54 PM
    Anonymous what is really not crazy but really strange is I dreamed this then wake up to it the next day.Not the first or tenth time this has happened.I hate it for the families that have to go threw this.I dont want to dream anymore!
  • by Anonymous on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    That is too crazy.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 64090702 - witn.com/a?a=64090702
Gray Television, Inc.