NATO Says 3 U.S. Troops Killed In Afghan Battle

KABUL -- NATO says that three U.S. troops died after a roadside bomb struck a military vehicle and insurgents attacked the patrol with gunfire.

A statement from the alliance says that the troops responded but that three troops died in Sunday's battle.

July was the deadliest month for international troops since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion.

But August has already gotten off to a lethal start.

The three U.S. deaths bring to nine the number of NATO troops killed already this month.

Six of those were American troops.

Last month, 74 foreign troops were killed, including 43 Americans.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 52303222 - witn.com/a?a=52303222
Gray Television, Inc.