Posted: 5:21 AM
- Just a day after a mass shooting at a community college in Oregon last week, President Obama told reporters that he had asked his staff to “scrub” the government’s existing gun laws to see what might be done to prevent massacres.
- The head of Planned Parenthood defended the women's health organization Tuesday before a Republican-run Congress seeking to slash its federal funding, telling lawmakers that accusations against her group fed by stealthily recorded videos are "offensive and categorically untrue."
- A lawsuit filed against North Carolina-based gun maker Remington by families of some Newtown school massacre victims has been sent back to Connecticut state court, where legal experts say it has a better chance of succeeding.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin sharply disagreed Monday over the chaos in Syria, with Obama urging a political transition to replace the Syrian president but Putin warning it would be a mistake to abandon the current government.
- After weeks of vowing to raise taxes on "hedge fund guys" and high-income earners, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump unveiled a tax plan Monday that would cut rates across the board and reduce the amount paid by wealthiest Americans and corporations into the U.S. Treasury.
- Mars appears to have flowing rivulets of salty water, at least in the summer, scientists reported Monday in a finding that could have major implications for the possibility of life on the red planet.
- With a Mass for 18,000 people in a New York City arena, Pope Francis has wrapped up a day that took him from the global spotlight of the United Nations to a classroom where he got impromptu coaching from a fourth-grader on using a touch screen.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777