Marine Widow: Still No Luck In Finding Pictures of Husband

The plea continues from the widow of a Camp Lejeune Marine as she seeks the return of pictures and other keepsakes she mistakenly sold at a yard sale.

Sunday we first told you about Lindsay Whitehouse, who's husband Jason was killed in Iraq in 2006.

Whitehouse sold a suitcase with those mementos inside and then realized later they were in there. Sunday we helped get word out and posted her phone number and email as she hopes someone will have information that leads to the return of the items. Whitehouse says so far she's had no luck.

Whitehouse's daughter Haylie is also hoping to get the picture back of her daddy. "I really miss him, and it's very valuable and special, and it can't be replaced. And it's really, like, the best pictures."

If you know anything about who bought the suitcase, or happen to run across the items that were inside, Lindsay hopes you will contact her. Her contact information is 910-546-1307 or email her at onesocks26@yahoo.com.

PREVIOUS STORY:

A Jacksonville woman is frantically trying to find the couple who bought a suitcase at her recent yard sale because the luggage contains irreplaceable items belonging to her husband, who was killed in Iraq.

The Daily News of Jackonsville reported that Lindsay Whitehouse says she sold the Ricardo brand suitcase Aug. 6 at a yard sale. The couple said they planned to resell the suitcase at an in-state flea market.

After they left, she realized the suitcase contained awards, memorial items and photographs belonging to her husband, Staff Sgt. Jason Whitehouse. The 27-year-old Whitehouse was killed in 2006 in Iraq.

The couple had said they live in Mount Olive.

Anyone with information can call Whitehouse at 910-546-1307 or email her at onesocks26@yahoo.com.

• by Audra Location: SoCal on Aug 16, 2011 at 01:07 PM
    Oh, Lindsay.. some of these people are just being arrogant idiots. I know it's hurtful, but they're not worth your energy. They should be ashamed for posting such harsh criticisms, and they better hope they're never in your shoes. Just the loss that you've been through is enough to make managing everything very difficult, and stress causes terrible problems with short term memory and processing. Some of us here do understand that things like this can happen, and really feel for you. I consider it the responsibility of the purchaser to have listened to your statement about emptying it, and even more so to return those items if they really didn't realize something important was in it when they left. I hope they do, and soon. So.. *hugs* to you and your family.
  • by laura Location: greenville on Aug 16, 2011 at 01:05 PM
    I know there are regulars that do the garage sale thing every weekend. Check with neighbors doing garage sales, likely the folks will return, and post a message about the suitcase where ever the original ad for the sale was posted. I know CL would be a good place to post, too.
  • by To Lindsay Location: WV on Aug 16, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    I wish you the best in recovering you items, might i suggest doing a goolge search for the possiable flea Markets in the area they said they were from and contacting the office and giveing that description to the ofice worker, I have an aunt here that runs a flea market office, and knows each person, maybe contacting the office will help you locate them.
  • by Lucky Location: NC on Aug 15, 2011 at 07:07 PM
    This is a sad story....put yourself in this ladies shoes. She is pleading so kindly for the return of items that belonged to her deceased husband. I do hope that she gets her sentimental things back soon. God Bless you and the kids....Good Luck
  • by kathryn Location: gatesville on Aug 15, 2011 at 05:28 PM
    I hope you get your personal items back. I lost my husband a few years ago and I know what they would mean to me. I can understand you had alot going on when the items got away from you. Good luck to you and your children.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 15, 2011 at 04:13 PM
    I can only hope that the person who finds these things will have the good sense to give them back, they cannot be replaced, it's all she has from her deceased husband. Good luck to you sweetie.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 15, 2011 at 02:42 PM
    I would go to the police once I found a wallet in my neighborhood and I turned it into the police. So it's a good way to find to find something that may have been turned into the police.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 15, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    Hispanic couple, late 30's early 40's (if they are older they don't look it). Male is apx 5'7-5'10 stocky build, the lady was about 5'4-5'7 also a stocky build not skinny not over weight, she had long dark curly hair. Driving a maroon/burgundy full size truck not a full four door but it had the half doors that open. Probably a 99-05, i believe it was a dodge 1500. I don't care about the suitcase they bought but it's the items inside I need back... Any help would be amazing. A friend said go to the police dept but I didn't think they could do anything cause it's not stolen no crime has been committed... But if your husband & you can bring these items back home to us ..
  • by Lindsay whitehouse Location: Jacksonville on Aug 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    To all those that say I was stupid & careless... I was not! I knew what was in that suitcase and I said out loud the the lady I need to empty the suitcase first. I also knew where the suitcase was it was in my garage cause I was moving and it was next to other boxes with irreplaceable items in them. Moving is stressful, the rain was coming, neighbors were over talking and my kids were running around being kids.... So to sum this up I knew what was in the suitcase & where it was in the garage & why it was in te garage, I said I had to get those items out and before I could the husband loaded it in their truck and I didn't remember til after they were long gone. Don't assume anything just because it wast reported. Every news person I've spoken to I've said this to! To those that have tried to help thank you!!! It's wonderful to know there are good people out there so willing to help.
    Lindsay Whitehouse
  • by Have some sympathy! Location: ENC on Aug 15, 2011 at 09:59 AM
    Hope this woman gets her stuff back. And to all the negative comments....accidents happen,we have ALL made careless mistakes at sometime in our lives..hindsight is better than foresight! Is this how we treat someone who lost her husband who was defending our country? Shame on those who just want to embarrass her. Her husband is dead because he was trying to keep us ALL safe even though he never knew us...So why you point finger and talk down to others think about that...show the same compassion her husband did even though you dont know her.You dont know what she is going through..maybe she is going through hardships because her husband is no longer there, and isnt thinking straight! Heres a thought instead of wasting your time trying to make her look stupid or feel bad how about telling her thank you for her family's sacrifice or maybe even help her find her stuff!! And to this lady thank you for all you have gone through to keep us safe and I truely hope you get your things back, If I could give them back to you I would. Hope these people are honest enough to bring them back!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127677943 - witn.com/a?a=127677943