Seymour Johnson AFB Warns Of Loud Exercises This Week

The noise level will be cranked up near Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in Goldsboro this week because the 4th fighter wing started an operational readiness exercise Monday.

The exercise will run through Thursday. Base officials say residents can expect increased jet noise, low-level flying and loudspeaker announcements throughout the day and possibly until 1:00 a.m.

• by Ron on Mar 7, 2012 at 02:42 PM
    I grew up a mile from the end of the run way and my mother still live there.We still have to go re caulk her windows from time to time from the noise shaking them lose,(not as bad now that the B-52s are gone) but that's O K by Mon,me and everyone in our family.And yes, you do get use to it.When I was a kid we'd ride our bikes to the end of the flight line and sit on a post, on the fence (when you could)and watch the F-15 take off.One day a pilot saw us and gave us a thumbs up.What a thrill! Never forgot it. My bother served 30 years in the USAF and we're all very proud of him and all the guys willing to put their lives on the line.Anyone that has a problem with the sound of freedom don't need to be here in this country.Thanks you guys in the USAF for what you do and thanks to your families for the time they have to give you up for the rest of us.
      by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 08:10 PM in reply to Ron
      Ron, take you patriotic nonsense elsewhere.
        by Ron on Mar 12, 2012 at 05:18 AM in reply to
        I can't say that I proud of everything our Government does, and I don't think the U S of A is really the land of the free anymore, because it's not. But I can say that I'm glad the guys in the military are there and will give their lives for me and butts like you so we can live here without fear,and speak freely, even your non patriotic nonsense.You need to go to a third world country and burn their flag and talk down their Government and see just long you get to live on gods green earth without fear, or live at all.
          by Anonymous on Mar 14, 2012 at 02:33 PM in reply to Ron
          Whatever, Captain America.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 07:30 AM
    My husband has proudly served in the AF for 20 years. I must say, I LOVE the jet noise. If you don't like it, move.
  • by gboro on Mar 6, 2012 at 06:55 AM
    I live about a mile straight off the end of the runway, it becomes part of your life, you don't even notice it. We love the sound!
  • by Bill Location: W'ville on Mar 6, 2012 at 05:17 AM
    HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE..NA NA NANA...NA NA NANA
  • by Frank on Mar 6, 2012 at 04:55 AM
    What? What did you say? Huh?
  • by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 03:15 AM
    Wish I lived a bit closer in order to see it. That is the sound of freedom people. I used to live close to Pope and I loved the aircraft noise.
      by THE Voice on Mar 6, 2012 at 04:12 AM in reply to
      Who's freedom? Such arrogant nonsense.
        by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 6, 2012 at 05:38 AM in reply to THE Voice
        We Americans, you communists don't count.
        by BLAHammed on Mar 6, 2012 at 05:58 AM in reply to THE Voice
        Yeah,talk about arrogant nonsense.Tell that to your obama that said he wants his own personal military as strong as our military.Sounds to me like he wants to control the masses.
        by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM in reply to THE Voice
        You're in the land of the free, and it's our military that safeguards that freedom. Since this is a free country, you're more than free to move to China or North Korea; at least there, you'll be among your own kind. BUT, we all know you won't do that, Voice. You'll just continue to bask in our country's freedoms, using those freedoms to ungratefully denigrate the very people who guard it for us all.
  • by Hydrogen Location: Bomb on Mar 6, 2012 at 02:10 AM
    There is still a Hydrogen Bomb buried on some farmland.I believe that it is more than one hundred feet under the ground. It is not considered a threat, and the government regularly checks the area for any leaks.
      by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 04:13 AM in reply to Hydrogen
      Right. This is the same government that lies all of the time.
  • by Shine Location: NE NC on Mar 6, 2012 at 01:27 AM
    That would a good reason to delay school 2 hrs. - possibility of jet noise. LOL --- It can get loud around there - Kinda living by a traintrack - the folks that do never hear the noise of the train, the ones that don't wake up everytime one comes through.
  • by lavon on Mar 5, 2012 at 07:55 PM
    lovely
      by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 03:41 AM in reply to lavon
      Move if you don't like it.......Let Freedom Ring.
        by F Tee 2 on Mar 6, 2012 at 04:12 AM in reply to
        That is actually the sound of nationalism and militarism. The Sheeple are too blind and ignorant to realize it. Maybe you should be the one to move.
          by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 6, 2012 at 05:40 AM in reply to F Tee 2
          Wow, koolaid prices went up that high on you again? I told you to buy bulk....
          by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 05:59 AM in reply to F Tee 2
          Nope I love it here and have no reason to move......I just can't stand folks like you that aren't patriotic and do not support our military. Thank God the majority of US citizens think like I do.
      by Melissa on Mar 6, 2012 at 04:32 AM in reply to lavon
      My husband has given 20 years of service to the AF and the last 13 here at SJAFB. Dont like the sound feel free to move.
      by Obama Snake Oil Co on Mar 6, 2012 at 05:42 AM in reply to lavon
      I know they are looking for you Lavon. Stay inside so they can put a lock on your. And for gods sake, don't use your moped as it makes an easy target...
  • by Tyee Location: Hyde County on Mar 5, 2012 at 07:27 PM
    Have the hydrogen bombs around Goldsboro been found and disposed of yet? Did not seen that but have been hearing about for over l5 years. ????????????
      by BLAH on Mar 6, 2012 at 02:52 AM in reply to Tyee
      They have contaminated lavons water
      by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 04:10 AM in reply to Tyee
      No wonder people are so screwed up in ENC.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141525663 - witn.com/a?a=141525663