Camp Lejeune Marine Killed In Afghanistan

MIAMI (AP) -- A U.S. Marine from South Florida has been killed in Afghanistan.

The Department of Defense reports that Sgt. Marlon E. Myrie, 25, of Oakland Park, Fla., died Saturday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

• by Tracy on Jun 30, 2011 at 05:13 AM
    @Jill I am so sorry for your loss. My cousin is over seas right now and I cant IMAGINE what you are going through. I will be praying for you and your family. Just remember that you have an AMAZING angel watching over you now and he's in a better place where all of us should strive to be one day! My heart breaks for you, and thanks him for fighting for our freedom
  • by Jill Location: Chicago on Jun 29, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    @Dave, I pray from the depth of my soul that you never have to do what our family and so many of us must endure to keep the freedoms we have. With heartfelt gratitude I thank the rest of you. It is my prayer that every soldier that has given the ultimate price for the cause should be listed at every newscast so American NEVER are far from the reality of what these brave men an women do. I am proud to be Sgt Myrie's Grandma
  • by Anonymous on Jun 28, 2011 at 06:15 AM
    I hope you never have to feel what this family is feeling right now. The guys that give their lives are the REASON you and I can post comments like that up here and not get in major trouble for doing it. Having part of your family in a war zone rips your heart out until they come back. I can only imagine what it feels like NOT to have them come back. Please get a job and grow up. Be respectful.
  • by USMC (Ret) on Jun 28, 2011 at 02:21 AM
    Semper Fi, Marine. Thank you for your service. My sincere condolences to the family and to his Marine family.
  • by Retired Navy on Jun 28, 2011 at 02:18 AM
    Our sincerest condolences to this Marine's family. It's long past time to end the wars in the Middle East. Too many Americans have already paid the ultimate price for wars that seems to have little to no purpose. Bring our boys and girls home and let's get back to fixing our problems here.
  • by Dave on Jun 27, 2011 at 08:31 PM
    With as often as this happens, why is it considered news?
      by Anonymous on Jun 27, 2011 at 09:26 PM in reply to Dave
      You have no respect at all.
  • by Retired Enlisted Marine on Jun 27, 2011 at 06:08 PM
    Semper Fidelis Sgt. Thank you for your leadership to our young Marines and most of all THANK YOU for your service. My prayers are for you, your family and our brothers and sisters still serving

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124625269 - witn.com/a?a=124625269