Afghan Police Fire At Anti-US Rallies, 3 Killed

Afghan officials say at least three people have been killed after police opened fire to disperse thousands of anti-American demonstrators rioting for a second day over what the U.S. has said was the inadvertent burning of Muslim holy books at a NATO military base.

Officials says the deaths occurred Wednesday in the Afghan capital and in the eastern provinces of Logar and Parwan.

The Health Ministry confirmed the death in Kabul, while the Logar provincial police chief and hospital director of Parwan's main hospital confirmed the others. In total, the three men and other officials said more than 30 people had been wounded in various protests.

• by JustSay'n Location: G'Vegas on Feb 23, 2012 at 09:29 AM
    Just shows how evil Islam really is when books are held in higher regard than human life.
  • by Obama Snake Oil co Location: Washington on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    Some of you really didn't read or understand this story. It was a message of hope when the Afghan Police protect US soldiers!
  • by me Location: Bayboro on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    Bring our troops home and let these people fight each other until they are all dead. Who cares?
  • by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2012 at 08:47 AM
    Why do we stay in that country? Leave now and cut off all aid. Cut off all aid to our enemy Pakistan after we leave Afghanistan.
  • by Anon Location: NC on Feb 22, 2012 at 08:19 AM
    Lets be equal about this. Get our people out of their country and get their people out of ours.Problem solved.
  • by Mr. Can Care Less Location: U.S. SOIL on Feb 22, 2012 at 07:21 AM
    Are you kiddin' me!!! This radical-infested country REALLY needs to get a life!!! At any given moment, they will be more-than-willing to BURN A US FLAG, at the blink of an eye. Now, all of a sudden, they're all sensitive about their COMIC BOOK.... Something tells me that, right before these "sensitive" clowns blow themselves up in a suicide bombing plot, they don't say, " hold on a sec, here, hold my Kuron..." To All Americans: On your next camping trip, save a tree,,, BURN A KURON!!!
      by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2012 at 08:36 AM in reply to Mr. Can Care Less
      I burn one once a year.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2012 at 07:18 AM
    Why does the name barak hussein obama remind me of these islamic/muslim uncivilized goat lovers?
  • by Barlow Location: Winterville on Feb 22, 2012 at 06:24 AM
    We need to leave. You could stay there a 100 years and nothing would change. The French, the Soviets and now us. “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”- George Santayana
  • by BLAHammed on Feb 22, 2012 at 05:54 AM
    obama should join his brethren.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 22, 2012 at 05:46 AM
    Let's see...we mistakenly burn their Holy Terrorism Manual, and they go ballistic. BUT, when they decapitate captured Americans, or parade the mutilated, naked bodies of our military guys through their streets...THAT'S okay?! I know, I know, we're America, and we're supposed to be "better than that". Sorry, but I have NO sympathy here. Give me some of those books, and I'll happily do the same!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139956493 - witn.com/a?a=139956493