The Army says Fort Bragg paratroopers assigned to clean a barracks storage room were exposed unknowingly to asbestos, but a soldier's father said officials should have known about the material.
The Fayetteville Observer reported Wednesday that medical tests showed that up to 10 soldiers in the 82nd Airborne Division were not exposed to dangerous levels. The exposure occurred when the soldiers in the 1st Brigade Combat team scraped floor tiles and carried out debris during the past three weeks.
Division surgeon Dr. Bryan Sleigh said the Army will monitor the health of the soldiers. Air testing showed no hazardous asbestos levels in the room.
Evon Colchiski is the father of Pvt. Jason Colchiski and said he's skeptical of the claim that nobody knew of possible danger.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.