- U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin sharply disagreed Monday over the chaos in Syria, with Obama urging a political transition to replace the Syrian president but Putin warning it would be a mistake to abandon the current government.
- President Barack Obama said Friday that he will nominate longtime Pentagon official Eric Fanning to be the Army's new secretary. If confirmed, Fanning would be the nation's first openly gay leader of a military service.
- The U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command will posthumously dedicate its Multi-Purpose Canine kennel in honor of
Corporal David Sonka on Monday at Stone Bay at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville.
- A U.S. Marine charged with murder has testified in court that he choked a Filipino unconscious during a fight that started when he discovered that she was a transgender woman in a Philippine motel.
- The first Montford Point Marines checked in to their recruiting station on August 26, 1942. It was a time before the Marine Corps allowed white and black Marines to live and work together.
- State Sen. Richard Burr says the war on terrorism won't be successful unless U.S. strategy changes from simply containing terrorist groups overseas to a more aggressive policy that also brings Middle East allies into the fight.
- Master Sgt. Patrick Malone, a spokesman for the 82nd Airborne Division, says 60 soldiers were gathered to discuss the day's training when lightning struck nearby around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777