Woman Killed In Beaufort County Crash

A woman was killed when her car flipped end over end and struck a tree in Beaufort County. It happened Saturday around 11:00 p.m.

First Sgt. Kenneth Pitts with the Highway Patrol says 41-year-old Jeanette Aubrey was driving east on Crystal Beach Road, about 18 miles east of Chocowinity. Pitts says Aubrey's 1996 Honda went off the right side of the road, then crossed over the left side where it hit a culvert and flipped end over end. The top of the car struck a tree. Aubrey was pronounced dead at the scene.

Pitts says excessive speed was a factor and they believe alcohol may have been involved.

The Highway Patrol has Aubrey listed with a Vanceboro address, but aren't sure if that was her most recent place of residence.

• by debra on Jan 5, 2011 at 09:58 AM
    to: Robin and other family members. I pray God will give you the strength and faith you need to get through this horrible situation. My heart goes out to you all. Maybe it would be a good idea not to continue to read these posts right now. There are always inconsiderate and cold people on here that have no heart or concern of others feelings. God bless you !
  • by ab Location: BLOUNTS CREEK on Jan 4, 2011 at 03:52 PM
    I am lucky enough to know some of the family. They need Good people to help them deal with this tragedy.
  • by Savannah on Jan 4, 2011 at 03:52 PM
    You will be missed dearly, ma. I still can't believe this.
  • by To Robin Location: Someone who cares on Jan 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    I do not know you but I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that you'll find comfort through this difficult time. You're right...it doesn't matter where the location was and I don't know why people have to get on here and argue about such details.
  • by S M Location: ENC on Jan 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Deepest sympathies to the family. May you find comfort and peace in the days to come. God bless you.
  • by Kathy Location: Vanceboro on Jan 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    I somewhat knew Jeanette and I am outraged and ashamed to know there are people who have the nerve to get up here and squabble over the location of the wreck. A woman/daughter/mother whom had children and family is gone. People are in pain and they have to look at post of people squabbling about the location of the wreck? SHAME ON YALL! Rest In Peace Jeanette your life ended too soon and you will be missed by many who took the time to know your beautiful soul!
  • by Hannah on Jan 4, 2011 at 04:59 AM
    R.I.P Jeanette you will never be forgotten.
  • by Robin on Jan 3, 2011 at 07:52 PM
    A woman died that night, and that was my mother.. Who cares where the location was. A soul was taken that night.. End of story.
  • by Wreck Doctor Location: Gveg on Jan 3, 2011 at 05:41 PM
    What they're reporting is what comes off the wreck report. They have to calculate the wreck from the nearest incorporated town. Blounts Creek must not be an incorporated town, which means that Chocowinity was the one they did the calculations to. Really don't think they're trying to do it to hurt feelings.
  • by BC Resident Location: to the other BC Resident on Jan 3, 2011 at 05:01 PM
    Who cares? I live in Blounts Creek and don't really care if the story places the accident "18 miles east of chocowinity" because technically it is! And besides have some sympathy for the woman who lost her life. Get real people and move on!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112816539 - witn.com/a?a=112816539