Woman Dies In Martin County Fire

A woman is dead after fire ripped through her Martin County home Wednesday night.

Williamston Fire Captain Stacey Pippin says the call came in around 9:40 p.m. that a mobile home on Dees Lane was on fire. He says when they arrived the trailer was three-quarters involved with fire.

They found the woman dead on the bedroom floor.

Deputies identify the victim as 49-year-old Katie Jordan, who lived at the home. We're told her friends and family called her by the name Kathy.

Lt. Drew Robinson says while they don't yet have a cause, foul play is not suspected.

• by FRIEND FROM SCHOOL Location: WILLIAMSTON on Jan 24, 2011 at 05:49 AM
    Wow. This is terrible katie was such a great person, she was one to talk, i cant believe shes gone. Rip Katie jordan.
  • by Johnna Location: Robersonville on Jan 22, 2011 at 09:53 AM
    Kathy had a awesome gift of gab.... she knew EVERYONE and loved everyone...I ran rescue with her back in the 90's and i have some great memories of some of our experiences together. She had a heart of gold and would help you in anyway she could... Kathy, Lorraine Howell and me were definitely a trio when we were together... Love you Kathy and all the memories you left me with...RIP
  • by saddened on Jan 21, 2011 at 09:10 AM
    I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy. I knew Katie from EMS classes. She was always very friendly and outgoing. She loved everyone she met and never met a stranger. She worked hard to get her EMT and was good at the job she did. She will be missed by all who knew her. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all who held her dear to their hearts.
  • by sharon haislip Location: formly robersonville on Jan 21, 2011 at 05:46 AM
    Kathy was my cousin she was named after our grandmother Kattie Lee Hollis .Wealways called her Kathy she liked that name better.She was a loveable person whom enjoyed life.May you rest in peace cousin you will be dearly missed
  • by BJ on Jan 21, 2011 at 05:27 AM
    Kathy was a sweet woman and she was always smiling. She always said hi when she seen you. She also worked with the ems of robersonville also.
  • by Beverly Location: Jacksonville Florida on Jan 20, 2011 at 07:16 PM
    I remember Kathy from school many years ago she was very sweet, Prayers go out to her family
  • by Faith Location: Robersonvillei on Jan 20, 2011 at 06:04 PM
    I too will remember her greeting of "Good morning yall. " Such a friendly person. Prayers to her family. She will be greatly missed by all that knew her.
  • by Casey Location: Robersonville on Jan 20, 2011 at 05:11 PM
    Kathie you will be greatly missed. I will miss working at fort branch with you. you will always be there in memory. we will definitely miss you this year. RIP Carolina girl
  • by Anonymous on Jan 20, 2011 at 04:43 PM
    Anonymous..Maggie Cratt is her sister inlaw so do not speak to her like that in a time like this. Everyone called her Kathy even family like myself. This is not a time to argue with people. so please keep your comments to yourself.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 20, 2011 at 02:40 PM
    maggie cratt, take a chill pill. WITN had it right to start with, you didn't

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114274714 - witn.com/a?a=114274714