Woman Charged With Stabbing Her Brother

Greenville Police say they are still investigating what led a 20 year old to stab her older brother Tuesday night.

Latavia Brockett has been charged with attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon for the incident Tuesday night. Police say they were called to 304 B White St. in Greenville just after 7 p.m. There they found 25-year-old Christopher Brockett had been stabbed. He was transported to Pitt County Memorial Hospital. Officials there did not have any information on his condition.

Brockett's bond was set at $200,000. She is currently behind bars in the Pitt County Detention Center.

• by Joyce Location: Greenville on Jan 19, 2011 at 09:52 AM
    In the early 1960's my father was killed by his brother, me being only 2 1/2, my sister 13 months and my brother in Utero. Hearing all of the family stories I did some research and it was confirmed that he died from a "penetrating wound to the heart". Yes my uncle stabbed my father over a shirt. I did not know my father before he left us and am saddened by this story. I can not judge nor will I. I miss my father dearly. It saddens me that families are falling apart. Pray for both of them. Joyce
  • by Joyce Location: Greenville on Jan 19, 2011 at 09:34 AM
    How sad when there are other means of handling deputes it is called negotiation.
  • by Bonnie Location: Greenville on Jan 17, 2011 at 09:45 PM
    My sister's boyfriend just recently stabbed a guy seven times in the neck and chest over a game of poker while his two-year-old and five-month-old children were in his care. The two guys got into an altercation, the victim left and went next door. My sister's boyfriend followed him with a butcher knife and stabbed him. Three weeks before this my sister was trying to leave him and he grabbed her by her throat and threw her into a wall. She told me that she could still hear what was going on, and could feel her body convulsing. Mind you the two little ones were right there in the same room. My sister finally came around with her two-year-old over top of her crying and the father no where to be found. I said all that to say this. This guy, who has a very long wrap sheet, spent a total of four days and three nights in jail and is now roaming around like everyone else. He's still allowed around his children, just not alone. What is wrong with the system? This cycle will only continue.
  • by Serenity Location: Greenville on Jan 15, 2011 at 09:15 AM
    It hurts me to see how people are so quick to judge others. My cousin not a bad person and/or violent. She did not for this to happen. Just keep holding on baby girl we love you!!
  • by Anon Location: Gville on Jan 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    I don't know your sister, cousin, or other relative (the accused) but I'm pretty sure if there was evidence of self defense it would be her brother in jail for assault or attempted assault. To the ones asking about bond issues: bonds are set according to the charges. The young man hasn't been charged with murder, only obstruction. If and when he's charged with murder, there will be another bond placed, or he will be remanded. Last but not least, since when does God "have the back" of unrepentant criminals? And just in case you don't have a dictionary handy, when a person denies they did it, or makes excuses for why they did it, they're unrepentant. As for excuses: they pretty much follow the same rules as opinions. You know, everyone has one and they all.....
  • by Anonymous on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    wow its funny how so many outsiders have so much to say about my cousin, its sad but you cant say anything about what had happened unless you was in her shoes..you dont know if she was defending herself so save the negative comments for yourself, tai i know you gona keep your head up nomatter what be safe and remember god loves you. im a keep you in Prayer young blood-BRI
  • by mad@upset Location: winterville on Jan 14, 2011 at 07:33 AM
    i'm with you jaydog why is it that her bond is 200,000 and the man that KILLS is father is 50,000 maybe she should have killed him you think just saying i don't understand this one @ Phylissa just keep praying it will work out they is just lable your family b/c of what your brother did sorry that they r doing that
  • by Phylissa Location: Greenville on Jan 14, 2011 at 06:41 AM
    To all the people who feel justice is not fair in this case thanks. To the ones who are just heartless or are voicing your opinions w/o looking at the facts i pray for you. This is my sister and she is not a bad person at all. She did not mean for this happen. we the family are standing behind her and know with the Lords help she will make it through.
  • by jaydog Location: greenville on Jan 13, 2011 at 05:41 PM
    I wonder why her bond is 200,000 dollars for stabbing her brother and the white student the killed his father made up a lie to frame someone else posted a 50,000.00 bond...Is justice fair? Somebody tell me why black folks have to pay more to get out of jail that is even if they are given a bond and white folks get Justice regardless of what they do! What a cruel world!
  • by To The Bleeding Hearts: on Jan 13, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    All the people making comments against the harsh treatment of violent criminals (people who attack others with knives/guns/cars/fists/clubs, etc.) that wound & kill their victims....YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Sure, "I feel your pain", in that you've got a (pick one) daughter, son, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, mother, father, other relative, friend; that is facing charges and might go to prison for doing what they did. And that sucks, for you. BUT, if your "associate" is acquitted or given a light sentence, they (and all the people around them) will lose respect and fear of the law and the consequences of breaking it. Once that fear is gone, people are apt to do anything. If you continue to reduce the severity of punishment, no one will fear doing wrong. It's already getting bad....don't you see?....can't you tell? Are you blind to it?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113338959 - witn.com/a?a=113338959