Woman Arrested After Dog Freezes To Death

A woman is facing charges after deputies say one of her dogs froze to death.

Jasmin Kimberlin of Frank Watson Road in Trenton is charged with one felony and one misdemeanor count of animal cruelty. She was arrested Thursday.

Jones County deputies say her arrest capped a week long investigation into animal abuse in the Comfort area. Deputies say they had received several complaints about the condition of the woman's two dogs and several attempts to help the animals were made by the Sheriff's Office and neighbors.

Deputies say unfortunately one of the dogs froze to death due to malnourishment, improper shelter and temperatures getting into the teens.

Kimberlin was jailed on a $5,000 bond and has a first appearance today.

• by jim on Jan 24, 2012 at 02:25 PM
    make her sleep outside do not feed her i guess it is time to call p.e.t.a. what a heartless person.
  • by linda Location: ohio on Jan 16, 2012 at 06:48 AM
    I heard she also has 3 children. Has children services been called in for them? I hope so! This woman should be charged with a felony. She had a large bag of dog food and was too lazy to feed them
      by anonymous on Jan 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM in reply to linda
      The girl has family here they are well taking care of and as to the dog seeing i'm not rich and i have been trying to feed her why don't you ship a bag of dog food to the jones county sheriff dept and tell them that anonymous will pick it up.
      by anonymous on Jan 16, 2012 at 01:22 PM in reply to linda
      The girl has family here they are well taking care of and as to the dog seeing I'm not rich and i have been trying to feed her why don't you ship a bag of dog food to the jones county sheriff dept and tell them that anonymous will pick it up. Oh ya, while your at it why don't you ask the sheriff dept why they didn't rescue the dogs she had and put them in a nice warn place instead of waiting for a week and watching them die and then charged her. When you find out reply to me again
        by linda on Jan 16, 2012 at 05:48 PM in reply to anonymous
        Give me your address and I will Defiantly send something your way! I wish I lived closer so I could at least give “your” poor dog a warm place to sleep, food and water! My DOG I can’t imagine!
          by anonymous on Jan 16, 2012 at 08:05 PM in reply to linda
          I think you misunderstood the dog is NOT MINE.SHE IS A STRAY THAT SOME ONE ELSE ABANDED. I HAVE A DOG HE LIVES IN MY HOUSE AND A STAY CAT THAT I'VE TOOK INTO MY HOME.MY BUGET TELLS ME I CANNOT FEED ANOTHER ANIMAL.THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP. BUT I WILL NOT GIVE MY ADDRESS.
  • by anonymous Location: jones county on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:17 PM
    Hay everyone ,I have a dog that somebody left on my street and nowthe dog in my yard and will not leave i can't afford to feed another animal and it's cold. why don't some of you great dog lovers come and get her and feed her.seeing you can comment on how great you are.and yes i already had the man who picks up animals for jones county come and get her and gess what she came back somebody needs to send me some dog food it's cold and she's starving . SO STEP UP OR SHUT UP
      by linda on Jan 16, 2012 at 06:49 AM in reply to anonymous
      Do you have a phone? Call the shelter, cops, AGAIN! There is NO excuse to allow any animal to suffer like this and starve. You should be charge with abuse also.
      by barbara on Jan 27, 2012 at 03:43 PM in reply to anonymous
      to anonymous, you put it out here that a stray has come into your yard and you cant feed or shelter her, you tell us "doglovers" if we care so much to come and get her, BUT THEN YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE THE ADDRESS FOR ANYONE TO COME RESCUE HER!!!
  • by corine Location: pierrelatte France on Jan 11, 2012 at 03:51 AM
    Aucune excuse
  • by anonymous on Jan 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    PEOPLE! Auntie said not only she lives across the country, she is no blood relation and the person has not contacted her since Jazmin left the West Coast! Lay off- Jazmin has shut out most of her family for a long time, and the family only learned about it when someone read it on FB and notified them. She is just as angry and upset as everyone else.
  • by Cristy Binder Location: Kill Devil Hills on Jan 9, 2012 at 01:44 PM
    I am so sick of hearing people's excuses. I really hope that the other dog and her children are taken from her. As the mother of a daughter and the owner of two cats and two dogs (1 pitbull), I almost cried when I watched this on WITN. When is society going to stop giving people like this a chance. The dogs she have been taken the first time the sheriff arrived. As far as "Auntie" goes, if you continue to do nothing as a family member and something happens to those chidren, their blood is on your hands. I hope she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
      by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2012 at 04:56 PM in reply to Cristy Binder
      Cristy, You don't understand... she is not a close family member... she is sickened by all of this! Believe me, if she had know what was going on, NO ONE would have stopped her from contacting the authorities. She is completely across the country with no contact with Jazmin... She is no blood of Auntie (Auntie found out when someone alerted her to the news story). This woman Jazmin lies and spins the truth, and cannot be believed AT ALL. She deserves what is coming to her- karma has a way of catching up with people. Her time has come.
  • by Stacy Cain Location: michigan on Jan 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    what a dumb...I hope they take the other animals and her children away....she says she was to busy and had two much going on but she had time to be on facebook,,,please someone that lives closer call childrens services and get kid kids oout of that envirnmont
  • by Mary Location: Princeton NC on Jan 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    Poor little children that shehas, does she not know how NOT to get pregent. If she can't care for pet how in the world is she to care for her children. What is wrong with this world today when something goes wrong, it is they have an unstable life. Wakeup! What happened tot aking care of yourself and not always relie on drugs from dr and other means
  • by Anonymous on Jan 8, 2012 at 09:37 AM
    peta gives away free straw for dogs. keep your outside dogs warm. no excuses.
      by I just donated to PETA on Jan 8, 2012 at 04:18 PM in reply to
      This animal abuse is out of hand. You people should be ashamed. Before you jump on me about PETA, at least they do something...
  • by auntie Location: colo on Jan 8, 2012 at 02:54 AM
    Well Robert...i am her aunt and i do know her and her problems...that she brought on herself. She has unstable thoughts and needs a Drs help. In her eyes she did nothing wrong to those dogs, god only knows how her 3 lil girls are. So if letting a dog she claims to have cared for freeze and strave to death and she sees no wrong in it, makes you really think about whats right or wrong with the way she is raising the kids. so yes AUNTIE does know her.
      by Tom on Jan 8, 2012 at 07:57 AM in reply to auntie
      So why are you not helping her, the dogs, or the kids. Posting things (good or bad) on this website changes nothing. Get off your can and do something positive in the world.
        by shanna on Jan 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM in reply to Tom
        I agree
        by auntie on Jan 8, 2012 at 04:22 PM in reply to Tom
        First off i live many states away from her. She has ALOT of blood family in the area who could be there for her. Im aunt by marriage only so she never asked me. If i would have known about the dogs i would have called someone, anyone to help them.
          by You sound just like her on Jan 8, 2012 at 05:33 PM in reply to auntie
          "it's always someone else's fault" I feel sorry that you do not know any better... Thanks for doing your part to ruin America
        by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2012 at 04:57 PM in reply to Tom
        TOM! Really- direct your anger at who deserves it... the woman who killed the dog and abused the other. This woman Auntie does not know her well at all, and you all are jumping on this woman who is agreeing with all of us!
      by Zach on Jan 8, 2012 at 08:15 AM in reply to auntie
      wow i may be old fashioned but i have always been there for MY family members no matter what may be wrong with them and for you to know everything about her, AND be her family member, YOU of all people should of been one of the first people to help her, but its sooo much easier to just sit back and not do anything but pass judgement, especially on a person in your OWN family....its a shame really and I hope God doesn't see it like that. I'm not even very religious but its common sense, it's SOOO christrian to pass judgement on others especially when you know the person and know the situation, and do absolutely nothing to help, but as for the hundreds of people who have nothing better to do than talk badly and pass their own personal judgement on someone and the situations they face in their life and you dont know anything about at all REALLY says alot about yourself
        by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2012 at 04:59 PM in reply to Zach
        GOD ZACH! So you';ve been there for ALL your family members- even those you know remotely, You sit in judgement of this woman who lives across the country, had no clue what was going on, and is more than disgusted and agrees with everyone that has posted!
      by Stacy Cain on Jan 8, 2012 at 01:00 PM in reply to auntie
      please auntie turn turn in in no one in the family is willing to step up and take the kids they would be better off is foster care....make a call

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136816303 - witn.com/a?a=136816303