Winter Weather Threat Has People Stocking Up

When there is even the talk of wintry weather in Eastern Carolina people often head to the grocery store to stock up and Wednesday was no exception.

The Piggly Wiggly in Greenville has been busy restocking the necessities while many shoppers stock up on items to have for the possible winter weather.

The store says many shoppers are getting items like bread, milk, water and canned goods. Workers say due to the holidays and possibility of bad weather they are stocked with those necessities.

Shoppers tell WITN that they would rather be safe than sorry if there is a chance that the white stuff is headed our way.

• by anon Location: NC on Dec 16, 2010 at 03:40 PM
    If you do not like what someone post do not post it. It is your choice.
  • by Concern Location: Wash on Dec 16, 2010 at 03:20 PM
    The snow is the 80s was a surprise to me. Maybe I was in the few. but it was and is still the most snow I have ever seen. Even thought I was not aware of it I was prepared for it. Sorry I did not watch the news and see the forecast.
  • by Neo Location: Reality on Dec 16, 2010 at 02:17 PM
    "Concern" of Dec 16 at 11:22am, you are way overstating your case. That most certainly was NOT a surprise storm in the 80s. If it surprised you, you were one of the few. They were not predicting a trace of snow with rain to follow and not a trace of snow the following day like this storm. Back in the 80s storm, they predicted SEVERAL inches of accumalation. Granted it was more than predicted, but certainly not a "surprise". I went out for whatever I needed the day after that storm as well. We don't live in Buffalo people. The people in Buffalo, where you can easily get snowed in for a couple of days, don't panic and act like morons when they hear it will snow. "anon" of Dec 16 at 11:27 am, if you were following your own advice and doing "your own thing" and were not gossiping about it, I wouldn't be reading your meaningless drivel right now. Practice what you preach, close the hole.
  • by Teresa Location: Pitt on Dec 16, 2010 at 09:36 AM
    You know Iam just thankful I have food to feed my family and a roof over our heads and that my family is healthy. NO need to complain about anything. God Bless Everyone.
  • by The Original ENC Location: enc on Dec 16, 2010 at 08:38 AM
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! People, it is a little snow. It never ceases to amaze me, these pople who stock up 'cause who knows they might not be able to get to the store again until....um...tomorrow. Good grief!
  • by anon Location: Wash on Dec 16, 2010 at 08:27 AM
    Buying my grocery yesterday instead of next week probably saved money. Way prices are going up. Something good has happen had out of it. Some people will complain no matter what. Do your own thing, if you don't like what someone else is doing just don't do it. Don't gossip about it.
  • by Concern Location: Washington on Dec 16, 2010 at 08:22 AM
    Remember the storm that came by surprise in the 80's. Hwy. 17 was so bad that some people just stop and left the cars. This was a surprise storm.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 16, 2010 at 08:16 AM
    Cold pizza and thermals. That's all I need to survive.
  • by steve Location: greenville on Dec 16, 2010 at 07:13 AM
    The reality is that we have become so sue happy that many feel a need to over-react.......just in case.
  • by wow haha on Dec 16, 2010 at 05:33 AM
    This is ridiculous, it's not the storm of the century or anything. If they were calling for 6 inches of snow, and they told you to be prepared, then go and get prepared. Heck, some students are still going to school today, won't you send them out to get your milk and bread on their way home from school. Some people overreact in situations like this. I can still see the grass in my yard. Cmon people.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111970844 - witn.com/a?a=111970844