Wilson Couple Charged With Killing Toddler

A Wilson couple is accused of killing the woman's two-year-old daughter.

Matthew Redance and Angel Kirby are both accused of first degree murder.

Police say on November 29th the two called 911, saying Kirby's daughter was unresponsive. The toddler was pronounced dead upon arrival at Wilson Medical Center and an autopsy later determined the child did not die of natural causes.

The two, who live on Ashbrook Drive, were arrested Monday and are being held without bond.

• by nooknook Location: nc on Feb 25, 2012 at 04:01 PM
    i dated matt in high school for two years i know in my heart that he would never hurt anyone let alone a child!!! he never got into fights i have sewen him with my own eyes walk away from a fight, i have been to say that i hope the wrath of god comes down on this girl..not women and she cant stand it any longer and womens up and teels the truth thats the least that she can do for her daughter take responsibility for what she did instead of destroying another life, the only one that did do things wthe little girl and look out for her was matt!!! it is heart breaking and more than i can almost take to see an innocent man sit there for 14 months missing the lives of his own kids pass him by because of a selfish girl that said her self she was obsessed with him! god know the truth pray that she cant handle it any breaks...rip alyssa!!
  • by Anonymous on Dec 7, 2011 at 01:28 PM
    No one needs to check out the dad. I worked with Avery and know he loved that little girl. As for Matt, he and his mother had tempers that would go off in a second if you did not kiss their behinds. If he did it, and I believe he did, death penalty is justified.
  • by listen up america Location: wilson, nc on Jul 20, 2011 at 02:56 PM
    ok for all of these ppl saying Matt wouldnt do it. he sure knows what happened to this child. u dont see peple 24/7. no on knows what goes on behind closed doors. dont judge a book by its cover. i went to school with angel and she was the sweetest person. but i still believe she played a role in her daughter's death.
  • by A Fellow Friend Location: NC on Jun 19, 2011 at 01:47 AM
    All I have to say is that I am not accusing or defending anyone but I have known Matt for a very long time and I know goodness well that he would never harm a fly let alone a little girl that he looked at as his own child. The mother on the other hand I dont know her so therefore I'm not gonna judge her. No one knows what happened that night so all the negativity about killing them should be kept to yourself. Just say that you hope the truth comes out and justice is served cause all the rest is irrelevant. If you were in their families shoes I'm pretty sure u wouldnt be saying give your child the death sentence. Dont judge when you dont even know!!!! Only god can judge and in the end...thats all that matters.
  • by Jane Location: NY on Feb 15, 2011 at 02:20 PM
    I want to know if Matthew has a lawyer yet. He is not responible for the murder of the little girl by just living with this woman. Please some one help him to find a lawyer that can help him out of this. He isn't guilty.That is my heartfelt feelings
  • by Anonymous Location: wilson nc on Feb 3, 2011 at 01:50 AM
    Ok somebody killed that little girl and noone else was around when the officer arrived at there residance.that lil girl lost her life and someone is going to suffer for it. tell the truth they are both going to federal prison. i can not believe this but i feel that they both need the death sentence that little girl is dead she is gone!!!just think what if it was your child
      by anonymous on Oct 29, 2011 at 01:02 PM in reply to
      well then think what if it was your kid what would you do hmmmmm?
  • by Jane Location: NY on Feb 2, 2011 at 08:50 AM
    Has any one checked out the baby's dad? Just maybe he is capable. What a shame, that blame is put on some one and they haven't even been to trial. My prayers are for Matt. He is still one of God's children.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 13, 2011 at 06:34 AM
    Okay so....I dont care if your related to either one of these ppl, you never know what some people are capable of. You just dont know It doesnt matter how well you know them. One of my best friends killed her little girl a long time ago an I never thought she would ever do anything like that. Until they found her guilty soo like I said you dont know the truth only the people who were there know the truth an unfortunatly 98% out of 100 people will never tell the truth!
      by anonymous on Oct 29, 2011 at 01:04 PM in reply to
      thats the truth
  • by anonymous Location: na on Dec 14, 2010 at 01:01 PM
    i do not belive this world it sickens me. this young man is my brother and i have to say in his defence i know my brother and he would never do anything to hurt any child in any way and these charges are killing him more then you people out there. how can people like you judge people before knowing the facts and jump to the conclushions to put people away for life or kill them or say he did it your all nieve if you ask me. put your self in these young adults parents shoes and tell me then how you would judge your own kid or blood if they were in this position tell me. i hope it works out for his sake that hes found not guilty and the real one is found to this case that did the crime and terrible act to that poor little girl.so one day all you that judge people before living in there shoes or the familys relize how much harder it is cause i used to be nieve and say the same thing to people on the news that did wrong till it was one of my own,my family,my blood that was charged of wrong.
  • by anonymous on Dec 11, 2010 at 09:03 PM
    when something like this happens it makes me feel so sad to know the world is the way it is.. i will be thinking about this little girl forever now.. it really is crazy that people harm little innocent children that cannot protect theirselves.. i know of these two people and i seen their facebook pictures.. what looked like a normal little family evidently was not.. such a sad story.. my heart is so heavy right now.. the sharp knife of a short life

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111464294 - witn.com/a?a=111464294