Wayne Co. Small Store Robberies Skyrocket Recently

An increase in armed robberies has police in Goldsboro and Wayne County warning the public to stay vigilant around convenience stores or small family owned stores of any kind.

Lawmen say those robberies have skyrocketed in the last 45 days and released a photo of the suspect in the recent robbery of the Hasty Mart on highway 70 west. Police say the robberies have occurred between the hours of 2pm and 2am.

There has been a single gunman in some cases and also two person teams using a small handgun. The suspects have worn gray hoodies, jackets with "H K" in block letters on the back, or a white hoodie. The suspects have been known to have on red or white shoes.

• by eric Location: goldsboro on Jan 22, 2011 at 03:13 PM
    doesnt the letters on the back of there hoody H K mean "hav knot"
  • by clint on Jan 22, 2011 at 01:54 PM
    Is there any doubt as to the demographic make up of these type robbers. Greater than 99 out of 100 will be out of pretty much the same group. The remainder are likely "wannabes"
  • by me Location: ENC on Jan 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    as a cashier, it makes me very nervous going to work as one of the stores is 3 miles from me. I find myself looking at everyone who drives up! Scary!
  • by Wilma Location: Greenville on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    To "not posted again": Your one simple question must have been a question of truth and reality. This newsstation does not like to post comments that are rational, yet controversial and tough. I'm sorry that your right to free speech has been hindered.
  • by Not Posted Again on Jan 22, 2011 at 05:46 AM
    Again, I ask ONE simple question. Yet my post never shows up. I guess I must be a bad person. (Unlike the people that rob convenient stores)
  • by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2011 at 05:18 AM
    It's not their fault. Society is to blame. Those poor babies.
  • by Gregory on Jan 22, 2011 at 04:39 AM
    I would be interested in the demographics of the robbers
  • by Cashier Location: ENC on Jan 21, 2011 at 07:37 PM
    these robberies are happening all around the stores near where I work and I have found myself watching every car and person who comes in on my shift. No one has been harmed yet but they need to be caught soon! Another happened around 9:30p tonight!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 21, 2011 at 06:22 PM
    until the store owners shoot them in the back as they leave the store, this will keep happening.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114397204 - witn.com/a?a=114397204