Funeral Held For Washington Restaurant Owner

A popular restaurant owner was laid to rest Wednesday.

The funeral mass for Tony Cilluffo, co-owner of Franks Pizza, took place Wednesday at Harvest Church in Washington. Well over 1,000 people attended. Burial followed at Oakdale Cemetery.

It has been reported that close to 1,000 people attended the visitation for Cilluffo's family Tuesday night.

The 41-year-old drowned while swimming at Indian Beach Thursday. Attempts to resuscitate him failed. His obituary says he died at Carteret General Hospital in Morehead City.

The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions be made to Cilluffo's children through the Adriana Cilluffo Trust Fund or Giusepe Cilluffo Trust Fund, 2013 W. 15th Street, Washington, NC 27889 or to Mother of Mercy Catholic Church, Building Fund, 112 West 9th Street, Washington, NC 27889.

Previous Story:

Funeral arrangements have been made for a well-known and well liked restaurant owner in Washington.

Tony Cilluffo, co-owner of Franks Pizza, will be laid to rest at Oakdale Cemetery on Wednesday July 6, following a funeral mass at the Harvest Church at 11:00 a.m., according to his obituary.

A rosary service will be held Tuesday at 6:00 p.m., followed by a visitation until 8:30 p.m. at Paul Funeral Home and Crematory in Washington.

Previous Story:

A well-known and well-liked local restaurant owner drowned Thursday at the beach.

Indian Beach-Salter Path Fire Department Chief Kevin White says they responded to a swimmer in distress call Thursday afternoon near a beach access on Indian Beach around 5:00 p.m. and found Tony Cilluffo face up in the water.

Cilluffo is the co-owner of Frank's Pizza in Washington in Beaufort County.

Chief White says the victim's wife and friends were on the shore asking for help.

White says a firefighter started CPR, and a Carteret County paramedic also responded and rode in an ambulance with the victim to Carteret General Hospital, but Cilluffo was never revived.

Frank's marks its 25th anniversary in Washington this year and has been a community supporter over the years as well as a supporter of the ECU Pirates. Frank's has also earned honors from the Washington/Beaufort County Chamber of Commerce.

• by Mark Location: Greenville, NC on Jul 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    what a wonderful man we have all lost, the wake and funeral were both full of people who loved and adored this man..Keep the Cilluffo family in your prayers, they are wonderful people and lost a great man..RIP Tony
  • by don d on Jul 8, 2011 at 05:56 AM
    what a great loss,one of the nicest guy's i've ever known. our loss but heavens gain.
  • by Cindy Location: Pinehurst NC on Jul 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    I remember when Frank's was at the mall. After every rec ball game we went to Frank's. We have all grown up and moved away but when we go back to "Little Washington" we always stopped by Frank's. Vinnie & Tony always made you feel like family. My mom passed away several years ago, that evening after the funeral I went by Frank's and we all recalled the many memories that we had together. Vinnie my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. RIP Tony you will be greatly missed!!!
  • by Charlie@Samantha Location: Chocowinity on Jul 6, 2011 at 02:37 PM
    PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE FAMILY,AND TO HIS WIFE. WITH MANY NIGHTS THAT I PICKED UP PIZZAS FOR SOUTHSIDE ATHLETICS,AND HE ALWAYS THERE TO ASSIST ALONG WITH MR. VINNIE,THIS IS STILL HARD FOR ME THAT THIS HAPPEN.TO GABERLLA, AND CRISTINA MY HEART GOES OUT TO BOTH OF YOU.
  • by Pamela Location: Morehead City on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the family! I grew up in Washington and going to Frank's was always such great fun! Mr. Tony was alway so nice and out going to everyone who walked through the doors. He will be missed greatly!
  • by John & Renee Williamson Location: Ellenton, FL on Jul 6, 2011 at 08:41 AM
    Our thoughts and prayers to the Cilluffo family. We lived in Washington for 12 years and went to Franks many times...always such a friendly guy. Sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy.
  • by Carolyn Location: Washington on Jul 6, 2011 at 04:52 AM
    Tony will be missed by all who knew him and his family. He was always friendly and kind as is his brother and family. Trememdous loss.
  • by Ms. S. Rouse Location: Chocowinity on Jul 5, 2011 at 06:59 PM
    I have known Tony and Vinny for many years. I'm twenty eight and Ive eaten at Franks Pizza for as long as I can remember. My heart goes out to this family because I can relate, years ago I lost my brother in the same exact way and I know the tremendous pain that it causes. My condolences to the family would be that the days may be longer but the love is more stronger, his memory will never ever fade... many prayers and love from my family to theirs.
  • by Greg Location: Jamesville on Jul 5, 2011 at 04:50 PM
    I eat at Frank's Pizza just about every day on my UPS route, and every time I came into Frank's, Tony would always greet me with a big smile and a joke about the "UPS Guy". We became good friends because we found out we had a lot in common, with sports, family, and the Lord. When we first met, Tony gave me some ECU baseball tickets, so I could take my son to see ECU play. Thanks for being my friend, Tony. You will always be remembered! My prayers are with the family and co-workers.
  • by Tina and Bob Sillitoe Location: Devon,England on Jul 5, 2011 at 01:41 PM
    We are truely shocked and our thoughts and prayers are with Vinnie, Jeanette and their families. Over the 20 years we have known Tony and Vinnie, a warm welcome was always guaranteed at Franks and also at Tony's home. A nicer man you could not wish to meet. This is a big loss to the community and an even bigger loss to his lovely family. Will never forget your smile.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124828264 - witn.com/a?a=124828264