Washington Motel Robbed By Gunman

Washington police are looking for a gunman who robbed a motel early Tuesday.

The Comfort Inn on Carolina Avenue was held up around 12:30 a.m. Police say the gunman came into the motel, showed a handgun and demanded money from the night clerk.

The gunman ran away from the motel with an undisclosed amount of money.

No one was injured in the robbery and police ask if anyone has information on the robbery they should contact Washington Police Department 252-946-1444 or Beaufort County Crime Stoppers at 252-974-6400.

• by JusticeForAll on May 24, 2011 at 06:41 PM
    One of the main reasons I got my NC Concealed Handgun Permit was because I was working as a Night Auditor at a hotel in Washington... I would suggest that any other person who works a late-night shift do the same...
  • by Truth Location: Reality on May 24, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    "Held up" IS an accepted, past-tense, phrasal verb.
  • by Greg Location: Winterville on May 24, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    So was it held up or was there a holdup? It's a noun. Or maybe it was held up by some very strong people? Just sayin'...write on WITN...you're still first for news. And what's the latest on Witney the Hobo?
      by Boats on May 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM in reply to Greg
      Greg, are you really old enough to remember Whitney the Hobo?
        by Lisa on May 24, 2011 at 01:24 PM in reply to Boats
        I'm only 32 and I remember Whitney!
        by Greg on May 24, 2011 at 01:48 PM in reply to Boats
        Yes, and he stills owes me $10. Never trust a television clown.
          by Boats on May 25, 2011 at 01:55 AM in reply to Greg
          Greg/Lisa, Do either of you remember where the name "Whitney" came from?
        by Anonymous on May 25, 2011 at 12:15 PM in reply to Boats
        Is that the way it was spelled??
          by Not Hardly on May 26, 2011 at 01:57 PM in reply to
          WITNey the Hobo..
  • by Mn Nick on May 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    never knew anyone will rob an inn, well we are going through hard times and we got to get money some how
      by Card Readers on May 24, 2011 at 10:51 AM in reply to Mn Nick
      Do crimminals have card reading machines now? Not many people carry cash anymore. Maybe if I carry only the Discover card, they'll leave me alone?
      by NO VACANCIES on May 24, 2011 at 02:19 PM in reply to Mn Nick
      They told him there was no room in the Inn.
  • by Enough is Enough Location: Greenville on May 24, 2011 at 09:58 AM
    Based upon the detailed description provided by WITN, I'm sure that this crook will be caughts soon.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122503239 - witn.com/a?a=122503239