Washington Man Faces 24 Charges

A Washington man is facing 22 felony and two misdemeanor charges.

Washington police report 20-year-old Joseph Hodges of West 16th Street was arrested. They say the charges include breaking and entering, attempted breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, breaking and entering motor vehicle, safecracking and injury to personal property.

Police say the charges stem from ongoing investigations over the past two years.

Investigators report they are contacting victims as the investigation continues and are still following up on additional cases that may involve Hodges.

Hodges was placed in Beaufort County Jail with a $100,000 secured bond.

The Washington police department reports it is working with the Pitt and Beaufort County Sheriff’s Offices on additional cases which may result in more charges.

• by coworker... on Jun 14, 2011 at 07:50 PM
    My heart goes out to his mom and dad. I witnessed firsthand the heartbreak his mom endured over another incident. They did all they could to help him try and turn his life around, but unless they are ready to make that change...its never for long. Just as any parent would do for their kids! You both are in my thoughts and my prayers!!!!
  • by tayshawn Location: washington on Jun 10, 2011 at 08:35 PM
    it's amazing that people try to always throw race into something and it's always about race. people dont like it when white people say blacks are being racist it's a double standard!!! I dont owe nobody any thing i never owned ANYBODY its 2011 stop beating a dead horse... from now on if i feel like someone is being racist to m imma call it out and im white!!!!
  • by Praymore Location: Williamston on Jun 10, 2011 at 01:38 PM
    If any of you are Christians, then pray for him and also for his family. When a young person chooses the wrong road, he/she is not the only one to suffer. And I'm sure each of you know at least one family who apparently did "everything right" and yet one - or more - of their children chose to go the wrong way. There is going to be pain and heartache and suffering in this family's future. Justice will be served, but more than Joseph will pay a price.
      by shameless on Jun 11, 2011 at 07:46 AM in reply to Praymore
      See the thing is he has had several chances to get his act together, but HE chose to STEAL from people again. I don:t know about you but I worked hard for what I have and I don't like it when someone who is lazy and does't want to work to earn things for themselves steal from me and my family.
  • by family friend on Jun 10, 2011 at 04:45 AM
    I really dont know why everyone wants to keep bashing the parents on here. I know his parents and brother an they are fine people. Really cant help what he is doing. Im sure everyone on here that has something bad to say has many skeletons in their closets, from themselves or family members, I dont think you would want to read everything that is going on. Bottom line is it is not the familys fault.
  • by Ashley on Jun 10, 2011 at 03:59 AM
    HAHAHA.....I'm finding it entertaining that so many people have an opinion over what I said...notice, I admitted that he is wrong for what he has done...my point was to lay off his family. I agree, he should pay the price for the crime he has comitted. All of you are just mad because someone called you out on your "dumb" remarks....@250...thanks for being the only classy one to respond by not calling me "dumb" or "loser"....oh, and last thing. Lets not start the race thing. Yes I'm white but race has nothing to do with this. Please dont start an argument you're not ready for.....
  • by 250 Location: Jax on Jun 9, 2011 at 07:21 PM
    Well Ashley, his family has failed him.
      by Ashley on Jun 9, 2011 at 08:12 PM in reply to 250
      @ 250...I feel that at 20 years old, Joseph is old enough to make his own decisions and take responsibity for his actions. There have been kids who were raised by "less than ideal parents" and yet some of those still end of being upstanding members of society. My point is that he cant blame his parents (and he isnt)....soooo....i've seen a few slams at this parents...but why dont you just come and say what you really mean....
  • by To Ashley Location: enc on Jun 9, 2011 at 07:06 PM
    Please shut up you loser. You sound like the type who would throw a black person under the bus, if their picture was up, instead of your Precious Joseph. I hope he goes to jail for many years, way too many whites get away with crime in this Eastern NC, glad to see one is finally going to pay the Criminal Justice System.
  • by Ashley Location: Greenville on Jun 9, 2011 at 06:52 PM
    I've known Joseph since he was 9 yrs old....he was such a sweet kid. Unless he has done something to you personally, do me a favor--shut your mouth! He is in jail and isnt the one reading the comments, however, his family is. You cant help who your family is and while they know that he is in the wrong, they have feelings and knew NONE of this was going on....so again, mind ya business..:)
      by To Ashley on Jun 9, 2011 at 07:57 PM in reply to Ashley
      The way I see it, he's a thief. I dont really care who gets offended. He's where he belongs. Let someone break into your house and see if you take up for them!!!
      by saywha? on Jun 9, 2011 at 07:57 PM in reply to Ashley
      Ashley, I hope your comment was in jest because if it was serious it is one of the dumber things I've read on here, and that is saying something. His family should find some other things to do with their time other than worry about what folks on a news site message board were saying about their jailbird kid. Heck, he is an adult, not somebody's 12 year old.
      by ???? on Jun 9, 2011 at 08:18 PM in reply to Ashley
      It became the the publics business when he got arrested and they wrote a news story. If you don't like what you are reading then don't read the comments.If his family new nothing of what was going on then maybe they need to pay a little more attention to theur son, cause I know from experience parents always know they just sometimes turn a blind eye cause they don't want to be bothered with it. Like 250 said they failed him!!!
        by Here Here! on Jun 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM in reply to ????
        This is a lesson...for him AND his friends & family. These rude, insensitive remarks are part of the lesson. We wouldn't dare deprive him or his family of these hard knocks. It's all part of learning how NOT to behave. I hope they're listening...and learning.
  • by Ty on Jun 9, 2011 at 05:48 PM
    What about the parents? Anyone, Anyone???? I do know that the apple don't fall far from the tree. where did he go to high school?
  • by Scooter Location: ENC on Jun 9, 2011 at 05:43 PM
    This guy was going down this road LONG before drugs and pills were an issue. And, this is not his first rodeo with the law....sad nonetheless.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123579009 - witn.com/a?a=123579009