Washington County Hires New County Manager

Washington County has hired a new county manager. Rob Bencini III will become county manager on June 30th when current manager David Peoples retires.

Bencini, who currently lives in Greensboro, had been community and economic development director for Guilford County. Bencini will begin work June 7th as deputy county manager until Peoples retires at the end of that month.

In January Peoples announced he was retiring after six years as Washington County manager.

• by Franklin Location: Greensboro on Jun 17, 2011 at 05:35 AM
    I am writing to assure citizens of Washington County that you are getting a decent, family oriented, God fearing man for your new manager. I have watched Rob as he operates in both official and unofficial capacities and can say without equivocation, mental reservation or secret evasion of mind that he is top drawer. I have no idea about your former manager or about what you want, but I can tell you that you are getting a fine fellow down there in Rob Bencini. Be good to him and you'll not only have him there for a long time but you will hate the day he retires.
  • by Seriously Location: Washington County on May 21, 2011 at 05:48 AM
    In response to the negative comments this article provokes: Our current County Manager does live in Washington County. He and his wife purchased a home in Rolling Pines. It's time for Washington County residents to open their eyes and begin to embrace and encourage change. Things that work in Greensboro might not work for Washington County, but doing the same things that we have done for decades and expecting different or better results certainly won't improve things. We need a manager with vision and the ability to make contact with agencies and businesses that can help the economic future of our county. To my knowledge, no candidate from Washington County has stepped forward with the qualifications and credentials to fulfill this task. New people and new ideas are not a bad thing, give Mr. Bencini a chance!
      by Franklin on Jun 17, 2011 at 05:38 AM in reply to Seriously
      Mr. Bencini loves to play tennis and if the county has any tennis courts, I would suggest you "spruce" them up a little in advance of his arrival. He is excited about Washington County...about living there too, so I hope some of the negative comments will disappear.
  • by Silence Dogood Location: Roper on May 12, 2011 at 07:06 PM
    Oh boy..here we go again. I agree with the previous posters. It sounds like we have someone else coming in who has no ties to this county and just wants a paycheck or a stepping stone.
  • by Scooter Location: Roper on May 3, 2011 at 07:55 PM
    Great!!! I am SO glad that someone with no CLUE about our history, cares about our present, or practical plan for the future was chosen to lead our county. (Did you really think the folks we elected do that?) I wonder how many more chunks of prime farmland will be turned into failed developments? This isn't Greensboro. Things that work in other places often fail here...I've lived here for 30 years, its just that way....And you know what- we manage to get by. So, in the meantime- please take my property taxes and some portion of my state taxes to give this guy a career stepping stone.
  • by Roper Resident Location: Roper, NC on May 3, 2011 at 05:34 PM
    How can a person who doesn't even live in Washington County know what would be good for Washington County? I'm sick of always getting people from elsewhere that does not have this county on their priority list; they just want something to put on a resume!
      by chick on May 14, 2011 at 06:56 AM in reply to Roper Resident
      Hey "they've" done the same thing with the finance officer position! What is wrong with these people?
  • by State mom Location: ENC on May 3, 2011 at 01:09 PM
    Wonder if this one will live in Washington County with his family or commute like the last one.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121153799 - witn.com/a?a=121153799