Beaufort County Convenience Store Robbed

The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office is investigating the armed robbery of a convenience store Monday night.

Lt. Jamie Cahoon says there was an armed robbery at the Handy Mart on River Rd. in Washington Monday night.

The victim reported that two men wearing hooded sweatshirts and armed with a handgun came in demanding money. After taking an undisclosed amount of cash from the register, the two men left.

If you have any information that may identify the two robbers, please call the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office at (252) 946-7111 or Beaufort County Crime Stoppers at (252) 974-6400.

Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1000.00 reward for information that leads to an arrest in this case.

• by anonymous on Dec 14, 2010 at 08:01 PM
    chrissy, I love you. I'm glad you're okay, because I don't know what I would do without you.
  • by Neighbor Location: Washington on Dec 8, 2010 at 03:52 AM
    Wasn't anything captured on the cameras ? I know there are 2 of them in the store . Why don't they release the images ? Maybe someone will recognize the guys.
  • by michelle Location: pamlico beach on Dec 8, 2010 at 02:56 AM
    Chrissy, I had to go and talk to someone but I still had to quit cause I could not work there by myself nomore and even after I got robbed they said they would put two people in the store but they did not. I tried to do it but just could not. If you ever want to talk the one girl who works there knows how to get ahold of me.
  • by god is good Location: nc on Dec 7, 2010 at 06:23 PM
    prayers out 2 chrissy. god works in mysterious ways he watchin for you. happy 2 hear you are safe. be careful and happy holidays
  • by choco Location: chocowinity on Dec 7, 2010 at 05:19 PM
    Well, once again we don't know whether they're black or white. It seems there was a lot of info given to the police by the victim. You can eliminate 80% of the population by stating their color. More politically correct descriptions. Either the police are trying to be PC or the TV site is.
  • by Citizen Location: River Rd on Dec 7, 2010 at 04:01 PM
    Got Crime?
  • by Chrissy Location: Washington, NC on Dec 7, 2010 at 03:39 PM
    Honestly, the more information and the more details we get out there to the public, the more chance I feel there could beleading to their arrest. And not even 24 hours later, I'm still outrageously appalled to the small amount of information and details there are on this news story with the list of things I gave to the police.
  • by somewhere in nc Location: Chocowinity on Dec 7, 2010 at 03:33 PM
    Chrissy, I am sorry to find out this happened to you. I know how it feels to get robbed. I got robbed 2 years ago at the Handy Mart in Chocowinity and its a very scary feeling. I hope they catch these guys that did this to you. My heart and prayers go out to you,please be careful out there.
  • by nauti1 Location: washington on Dec 7, 2010 at 02:03 PM
    Chrissy, keep your chin up. it hurt my feelings this morning when i heard. i always enjoy going in to see you and to let my son bother you. i am glad you are ok.
  • by cam on Dec 7, 2010 at 01:54 PM
    Be careful Chrissy!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111437699 - witn.com/a?a=111437699