Two Vehicle Accident In Beaufort County

Troopers say no one was injured in a two vehicle accident in Beaufort County on Sunday afternoon.

The accident happened on Highway 33 near Chocowinity around 2:15 p.m. According to troopers the driver of a Chevrolet Cobalt went left of center on the highway and struck a Saturn Vue. The Cobalt ended up in the woods.

No one was injured in the accident, but the two vehicles were damaged. Both cars had to be towed.

One lane of Highway 33 was closed for about an hour, but it is now reopened.

Troopers say speed was not a factor. Neither drugs nor alcohol were involved. Troopers continue to investigate.

• by Also Concerned Location: Chocowinity on Dec 14, 2011 at 03:03 PM
    To Concerned----My husband has been on the Volunteer Fire Dept. here for a number of years. They don't drive 80 mph. They are the operators of the fire and rescue vehicles. They are also EMS. And yes, the road needs to be blocked to prevent those that are straining their necks to see what they can see. I applaud the Volunteers. Keep up the great work guys!!
  • by pete Location: grifton on Dec 12, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    to Hmm I now drive a 2012 nissan altima no more government vehicles for me.
  • by Skeeter on Dec 12, 2011 at 06:29 AM
    I saw the accident and I am glad no one was injured. It must have been a slow day in Choco because every redneck wanabee was parked alongside the roadway with their red dash light flashing. I am surprised they didn't cause another accident.
      by TJ on Dec 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM in reply to Skeeter
      Skeeter, those "redneck wanabee's" as you call them are volunteer firefighters!! The red flashing dash lights let the on coming traffic and drivers they met know that point. I can guarantee that if you were the one in need of help, you would be glad to see them.
        by Concerned on Dec 12, 2011 at 02:18 PM in reply to TJ
        TJ - Does it take 30 of them to be at the scene blocking the road? If the fire truck and ambulance is already there is it really necessary for others to drive 80 mph and force people to pull over so they too can join the other 30 volunteers congregating on the side of the road. We appreciate the volunteers but some of them take it to the extreme.
  • by hang up and drive Location: Choco on Dec 11, 2011 at 06:58 PM
    While this could have been mechanical, my bet would be texting or talking. Hang up and drive people.
  • by Just saying on Dec 11, 2011 at 04:32 PM
    Must of been the steering wheel. It said car went left of center. Did not say anything about brakes?
      by doubt it on Dec 11, 2011 at 09:04 PM in reply to Just saying
      The article actually states "left to center" (whatever that means).
        by anon on Dec 12, 2011 at 09:31 AM in reply to doubt it
        left of center would mean left side of the center line. Across the center line.
          by and... on Dec 13, 2011 at 04:16 AM in reply to anon
          I know what "left OF center" means. It makes no sense when the "OF" is replaced with "TO" though. I was merely pointing out that the writer of this article isn't very bright...
  • by pete Location: grifton on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    I had a cobalt that looked just like this one.I had 2 brake failures.the last one the brake petal fell in the floor,it was a 2005 cobalt with 26,000 miles on it when it was traded.the nationial transportation saftey board did nothing because of no other cases of this type with the cobalts.G.M said well you no longer own the vehicle.
      by Hmm on Dec 11, 2011 at 02:00 PM in reply to pete
      Well, could just be your car. Mine has 45000 miles and I have not had a single issue with mine.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135408408 - witn.com/a?a=135408408