Two Teens Charged In Connection With Other Teen's Death

A shooting in Rocky Mount has left one teen dead and two others in custody for the death.

Police say it happened on Long Avenue around 11:00 p.m. Tuesday night. Killed in the shooting was 16-year-old Murray Chamberlain.

Ladarrius Hatcher and a 15-year-old juvenile have been charged with the shooting. Police say after consulting with the District Attorney's Office, Hatcher has been charged with involuntary manslaughter.

The 18-year-old Hatcher turned himself in at the Magistrate's Office Wednesday morning. The juvenile has been charged with accessory after the fact and was sent to the juvenile detention facility in Greenville.

• by Cee'C Location: school on Feb 9, 2011 at 07:33 AM
    - aw mane dayum , ieye cant beleive he qone ! . ieye didnt knw him like tht bt it still hurts too knw &&' realize tht he iss really qone . yuu will always be loved &&' missed , forever yuu have aye place inn our hearts <3 . R.i.P MDC , GHT til tht brite yellow flaq fall my dude . we love yuu Dosh . we will nevaa for qet yuu <3 . yuu will forevaa be on my mind......Carletta .
  • by TwaNeque' Location: school on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    man, i cant beleive ths happened i wish uu quys wouldve atleast thouqht abt playinq w| tht qun. it jst broke mih <3 whn i heard mih brothr MDC ws qone uqh & i still dnt wnt to beleive it but im doinq qood so far its been 2 months & abt 3 weeks since hes left us hopefully Kell takinq it well hope he feelinq ok. & to uu Tavon hope uu doinq ok, everybody already missinq uu Kailik & especially Dosh. we holdinq up for yall soldiers. dosh sed he ws qone be GHT til the day tht yellow flaq dropped & yet tht day came so may uu R.i.P MDC we love & miss uu biq bro(= & dntchu foqet tht ` LOVEE ........... TwaNeque` & Family <3 !
  • by Monica on Dec 13, 2010 at 08:21 AM
    This is a tragedy. what is happening to our youth? I am so disgusted at the way this country is going and disgraced that this is what he are teaching our children. We have a broken social services system n these poor children are falling through the cracks. Children heed my advice and follow your dreams. You die the way you live. love yourself and eachother the wave u make will resound and eventually come to engulf you. if u make a wave make a wave of positive change. stop killing eachother sex n drugs r friggin overated. if our youth continues this way our country will fall apart. Where will our doctors law enforcement and teachers come from. A corrupt youth who beleive sex drugs power and money are a way of life? I had great faith in our country but today I am at a loss :((((
  • by kierra Location: school on Dec 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    I Just want To say I miss you so Much And I can't Believe You Are Gone But You Are in A better place So may You Rest In Peace.... LOVE KIERRA
  • by To Pete: on Dec 3, 2010 at 12:49 AM
    You know that's why he did it. Once he found out how hard it is to pay rent and feed yourself...he decided to get caught earning street creds.
  • by kadijah c bka pooh Location: rocky mount on Dec 2, 2010 at 05:04 PM
    i swear diz dnt seem real ily dosh r.i.p bby boi i will neva 4 get u i went from couldnt standing u to becoming best friends to being ya girlfriend to being ya lover den ya ex and still best friends now im just sad and feeling lost but 4eva i will luv u cnt wait till we meet again
  • by my opnion Location: Rocky Mount on Dec 2, 2010 at 04:52 PM
    I was not there and nor was you wilma , who knows what really happened those boys were childhood friends and accidents happen, from what I hear they were playing with the gun, why would those boys turn themselves in if it were cold hearted murderers. If that were my child in this case, I would be upset at the fact that my child was even in the presence of a gun and playing with it but not so much as mad with the boys. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, those kids mad a stupid mistake that could have been avoided.
  • by Jessica Location: Rockyount on Dec 2, 2010 at 01:11 PM
    can;t believe this happened to you dosh ... i love you man no matter what happened.
  • by Wilma Location: Greenville on Dec 2, 2010 at 09:51 AM
    To "here", you are on point, and I agree with what you said, except for the rap music stuff, even though I understand your point of view there, I don't necessarily agree with it. As "my opnion" stated and you did too, it has to start at home. The problem is, the system is completely broken down, too many kids in split homes, educators have been told to keep their mouths shut and their hands are tied, and the thugs here are fully aware of this, so they continue to breed and infest in our country. Look into strategies that other countries have regarding crime.....look at what they do. Then, check their crime statistics. You will be absolutely amazed at what an eye for an eye mentality does for a country.
  • by Wilma Location: Greenville on Dec 2, 2010 at 09:42 AM
    To my opnion (as it was typed!)We are talking about cold blooded murder. This is not robbing someone of a pack of gum, this is not beating someone else up. This is taking the life of another human being. You mean to tell me that if this was your child that was murdered, you would just say well, he must have just "fallen short" in life, and move on? No way. It has to stop somewhere. We have completely lost track of resolving conflict through talking, we just grab a gun and shoot someone. We have completely lost track of what it means to work hard for a living, because we can shoot and kill someone over money. Human life has been devalued by the criminals that choose not to do what it takes in order to be a successful part of society. You better believe I will judge someone that has done wrong like this. The problem is, too many apologists are out there that have made this kind of behavior seem "common" and "part of the world we live in". It has to stop, we have to fight back.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111138459 - witn.com/a?a=111138459