UPDATE: Bond Raised For Man Charged In Jacksonville Fatal Wreck

A man charged with killing two men and injuring two others in a wreck made his first appearance in court Monday and his bond was raised to $500,000.

Onslow County troopers say Christopher Cash may look banged up from the wreck, but he got the least of it. Investigators say he was drunk when he flipped his car on Pony Farm Road in Jacksonville.
Two men were thrown out of the car and died at the scene. Cash's fiancee and another passenger were taken to the hospital, while troopers say Cash fled on foot then called a cab to take him to see his fiancee.

Cash is charged with two counts of death by motor vehicle and two counts of inflicting serious injury with his vehicle, He's due back in court January 30th.

PREVIOUS STORY:
Troopers say two people were killed in a wreck early Friday morning in Onslow County.

It happened on Pony Farm Road near the intersection of Highway 53.

Trooper T.R. Silance says 27-year-old Christopher Cash was driving four friends when he flipped his car at least twice. Two people were thrown out and killed: 24-year-old Kevin Embler and 49- year-old Jerry Jackson.

Troopers say Cash left the scene on foot then called a cab at his home to take him to the hospital so he could see his fiancee- who was also hurt in the wreck.

Troopers caught Cash in that cab on his way to the hospital. He faces several felony charges. His bond was set at nearly $160,000.

• by Alicia Location: Jackson on Feb 10, 2012 at 09:26 AM
    rather than faulting anyone, All families are upset and mourning. We all lost a piece of us that night. I love and miss you so dearly dad!! No words could describe my feelings. All of our families have came together during this time.
  • by Sharee Location: Greensboro on Jan 8, 2012 at 08:18 AM
    This is so tragic. I'm livid and sad. Jerry, you were a true friend & such a good man. I loved to hear you laugh, you had a great sense of humor. You will be missed dearly. My prayers go out to both families. RIP my friend. Never forget ya!
  • by Dianna Location: Archdale on Jan 8, 2012 at 07:36 AM
    RIP Kevin "son" we miss you already you will always be in my heart.we will meet again one day prayers for the others.
  • by 40some on Jan 7, 2012 at 05:22 PM
    Don't beleive my facts, check the JDN
  • by 40some on Jan 7, 2012 at 05:21 PM
    No more comments on the article? Is it because the public put out more facts than you stated in the article above?
      by 40some on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:19 PM in reply to 40some
      I get the message WITN. Waiting on the BAC?
  • by Jackie Jackson (Sister) Location: Roy, Utah on Jan 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    We want to give our Thanks for all Prayers and Support for Jerry Jackson My Brother a GOOD STRONG MAN, a Brother a Father, a Friend Taken from us too early. We have my facebook page for more updated information on Jerry's arrangements will be posted on My Time Line page jackiejackson4708@yahoo.com or stop by Jerry Jackson page and write on his wall on Face Book We would love to say Thank You for being a friend in honor of Jerry Video to be posted soon Thanks again for all the prayers and support GOD BLESS!! more info please call 801-820-5913
  • by 40some on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:56 AM
    If he wasn't drinking, why leave the scene? Too late for seatbelt tickets. Just wear them. How many times do we have to see where folks are ejected and fatality is the result.
      by Anonymous on Jan 7, 2012 at 06:01 PM in reply to 40some
      Even with a finger scratch, a person goes into some level of shock. One seldom thinks straight in such circumstances as this.
        by Anonymous on Jan 7, 2012 at 07:08 PM in reply to
        very true
        by 40some on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:18 PM in reply to
        Well it'll be a miracle if they post this, highway patrol is waiting on results of BAC, this group was on the road after leaving a bar.
          by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2012 at 08:54 AM in reply to 40some
          Comment on the doggie love story if you want to see how well the block some really good stuff- LOL
  • by penny Location: thomasville,nc on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:43 AM
    Jerry will be missed,but even still...anger comes to my mind and may justice be served!! Prayers to all families involved!!
  • by Teresa on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:09 AM
    Jerry you will be missed so much. My prayers go out to both families.
  • by bennie Location: Archdale,N.C. on Jan 7, 2012 at 08:48 AM
    Jerry was not only my neighbor but my friend and my family I miss you already,I had the privillage to meet him twice seemed like a great guy.Love you Jerry

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136861703 - witn.com/a?a=136861703