Two Brothers Face Home Invasion Charges

Two brothers are accused in a home invasion this past weekend where two people were hurt. The third victim was able to escape and get help.

Carteret County deputies have charged Dustin Callicoat and his older brother Dana Callicoat with first degree burglary, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, assault on a female and simple assault.

Deputies say the home invasion happened Sunday at a home on Intracoastal Drive when the two men assaulted those inside with a small caliber rifle while demanding money. While two of the victims had to go to the hospital, a third victim was able to escape and alerted a neighbor to call 911.

The victims, according to deputies, knew the two brothers.

Both men are being held on $150,000 bond each.

• by Len Location: Maysville on Mar 30, 2011 at 06:53 PM
    Its very sad that on that day, a child waited to see a Dad....that never came....
  • by Erin Location: Otway on Mar 29, 2011 at 04:03 PM
    I can't believe this, it sucks. I grew up with these boys and I didn't think it was in their nature.
  • by Dave Location: Morehead on Mar 29, 2011 at 06:52 AM
    They both look like they need a shower.
  • by Mighty Whitey on Mar 28, 2011 at 05:19 PM
    OK WITN,I did not say anthing wrong.Post my comment.OK I will try again.These idoits look like offspring of some I had the unfortunate oppertunity to grow up with.History is repeating itself around here.I personally will change this.I want these idiots to know this while they are laughing all the way.
  • by Watcher Location: Bertie County on Mar 28, 2011 at 01:20 PM
    I believe there really is one born every minute.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    Two more republicans headed to the slammer. Sooner or later, they all do time.
      by Big Red on Mar 28, 2011 at 03:13 PM in reply to
      Gotta be Democrats. What they can't steal through higher taxation, they do through other means. Besides they look like the tree hugger type.
  • by Reality Check on Mar 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    What we need here is a Tall Tree and a short Rope.
      by Erin on Mar 29, 2011 at 04:07 PM in reply to Reality Check
      Let ye with no sin cast the first stone.
        by Len on Mar 30, 2011 at 07:18 PM in reply to Erin
      by HeDeservesMaximumPunishment on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:36 AM in reply to Reality Check
      Completely Agree with you Reality Check!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118787074 - witn.com/a?a=118787074