Fire officials now know what caused a restaurant in Washington to go up in flames on Saturday.
They say the call came in around 2:00 Saturday afternoon that Blackbeard's Restaurant and Lounge on Carolina Avenue was on fire.
Officials say the area of origin of the fire was determined to be in an office and the cause was determined to be electrical.
Officials report there was a total of approximately 30 firefighters on the scene from Washington and Bunyan Fire Departments and the estimated damage to the structure was approximately two hundred thousand dollars
Fire fighters are battling a two-alarm fire at a restaurant in Washington, Beaufort County.
The call came in around 2:00 p.m. Saturday afternoon that Blackbeard's Restaurant on Carolina Avenue was on fire. Thick black smoke poured out of the restaurant and occasional flames shot up through the roof as fire fighters moved in.
The restaurant was not open at the time. Owner A.G. Swanner says an employee was met with smoke as she opened the kitchen door. She was able to get out safely and called 911.
Swanner says the building was not insured. It's been in the family 22 years.
In January, the Swanner family dealt with another fire when a compartment exploded on their dinner cruise boat, the Belle of Washington. The boat was insured.