Tropical Update: Tropical Storm Philippe

PHILIPPE:

At 6:00 pm Friday Tropical Storm Philippe was located at 30.1 N, 54.2 W or about 1200 miles off the US coastline. The storm had sustained winds of 70 mph. Philippe is moving quickly to the northeast at 16 mph and will continue to move further away from the US coastline.

Click here to track the storm

Click here for the mobile tracking map.

• by Citizen Location: Greenville on Sep 24, 2011 at 05:44 PM
    Funny how this is the lead story, and it isn't even going to come CLOSE to the United States. That Herman Cain story is way more important and is now bumped to a tiny icon. What gives, WITN?
  • by Ladyluck Location: Winterville on Sep 24, 2011 at 02:54 PM
    I love Phillips Williams too. Does anyone know why he left that OTHER station?
  • by 250 Location: Jax on Sep 21, 2011 at 04:22 PM
    Already bought up every gallon of milk and the last dozens of eggs. Y'all best just set at home and suffer!
  • by WB on Sep 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    I have not seen Phillip Williams on WITN since the weekend he covered for Matt. I usually see all the news casts every day. Am I missing something here? I like Phillip Williams as well.
  • by Big weather Fan of 7 Location: Wayne Co on Sep 21, 2011 at 09:14 AM
    I love WITN period. Glad to see Phillip. Thought I was dreaming when I turned on my TV a few weekends ago and heard his voice. Had to raise my head. Bob was good too, 7 always seems to have the right people in place at any given time. To the subject, Ophelia did she hit the outer banks in 05. Haven't done web search yet but name is familiar. Like Dennis and Irene to name what I know at this moment to be sure 2 cannot strike again.
  • by S. Husted Location: ENC on Sep 21, 2011 at 07:14 AM
    Didn't realize Bob was gone until a few days ago. I liked Bob and WITN continues to have the best weather team in the market. To make it better, add Phillip Williams to replace Bob. This is a no brainer.
  • by Ann Location: Greenville on Sep 21, 2011 at 06:21 AM
    I,too, am enjoying seeing Phillip on the air waves again. WITN has great weathermen and he makes it even better.
  • by SK Location: Greenville on Sep 21, 2011 at 02:48 AM
    Its great to see Phillip Williams doing the weather again. Keep him around WITN !!!!!!
      by Liz on Sep 21, 2011 at 06:54 AM in reply to SK
      Indeed it is wonderful! :)
        by @ the library on Sep 21, 2011 at 01:01 PM in reply to Liz
        Love, love, love Phillip Williams, he's pleasant to listen to.
  • by Truth Location: Reality on Sep 20, 2011 at 09:42 PM
    Note*** This is in NO way WITN's doing... but, does anyone else think it's a bit asinine to reuse storm names, year after year, until such a time that a storm causes significant enough damage as to have its name retired? I mean, are we REALLY in danger of running out of names?
      by Liz on Sep 21, 2011 at 06:53 AM in reply to Truth
      I agree. I have a baby book im done using I will be more then happy to send them to pick more new names...it has over 10,000 lol
      by ralphie on Sep 24, 2011 at 04:03 PM in reply to Truth
      Yes, actually, so they added male names, then spanish names. If 20 storms a year, how long you think we can go before needing a new set of names? The only other way to do it would be year/number...2011- 9 = Irene

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130247598 - witn.com/a?a=130247598