Troopers: Two Injured After Alcohol Related Crash

According to Highway Patrol troopers two people were sent to the hospital after an accident involving alcohol in Greenville early Saturday morning.

Troopers say the crash happened near the intersection of Ridgewood Drive and Highway 33 in Greenville. They say 18-year-old Joshua Jacod was driving three passengers in the car when he lost control. Two of the passengers were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Troopers say Jacod and two passengers had been drinking. They say Jacod is charged with reckless driving and drinking under the age of 21.

Sha-shana Jones witnessed the accident, she told WITN, "I see the car going to the lightpole. It hits the lightpole. BOOM. The boy then comes here knocking on the door ringing the doorbell saying 'help me my girlfriend's dying' so we called the police for him and everything. It was just a mess."

Greenville Utilities workers were at the scene all morning fixing the pole.

• by Jean Location: gvile on Nov 17, 2010 at 06:25 PM
    I agree; the majority of kids today are just plain party animals.........they want a free ride in life and have no regard for others as they carelessly drink before the age of 21 and then get behind the wheel of a car.........and where are the Gvile cops? I rarely see them ticketing cars.
  • by brother on Nov 15, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    some of these comments are to dumb to put an age on, my sister was in the car, she broke her back and is having surgery. anyways what does a republican have to do with a wreck? and 9 out of 10? get injured when they drink and drive. unfortunately that is also incorrect, thats the worst ratio I have ever heard and you claim to be grown. stop blaming it on the generation, it has nothing to do with "our" generation. if someone doesnt want to listen to laws, then they probably wont, it has been the same for many years. the only person who speaks from truth and actuality is vickie. everyday we develop more and more so it is no suprise the world is changing everyday, yet alot of you contributed to this change, how is it the adolescense fault for the way things are today? that is stupid, if anybody you need to look in the mirror for all you "grown" ups.
  • by Dar Location: Wilmar on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    To: Scotty, I was not downplaying the sacrifices that our current military endures. I was talking about a generation where just about EVERYONE in the country & on both fronts sacrificed so much, including food, gas, nylon etc. They did not have microwaves, washer/dryers, cell phones, computers etc to make their lives easier & stay in touch with families. They just did without, plain & simple. Back then if you wanted to eat, you worked. I used to listen to my daddy & mama talk about "the times that tried men's souls". Unbelievable true stories & I feel like I'm a better person for it. Values and morals overall back then will never be repeated again, sadly.
  • by okay on Nov 14, 2010 at 08:08 PM
    i agree with laura, love the quote!
  • by laura Location: greenville on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    Priceless quote from Sha-shana...simply, priceless.
  • by Anonymous Location: FromOK on Nov 14, 2010 at 07:27 AM
    Ummm, let me say this, that the generation of today is spoiled by technology, via text messaging, internet use on cell phones, etc..... Back when I grew up, we DID NOT have all this crap to distract us when we were driving. And YES, we were more responsible teenagers then, where I was at, definitely not here in NC. So to all of you who think this generation is the same as way back then generation, you are totally WRONG. At my high school in 83 you did not here of anyone drinking and driving and getting into accidents or else texting and driving. Like I said, WE WERE more responsible than todays youth!! And todays youth is lazy, they want parents to buy them this and buy them that and they feel they do not have to work. Yes, I have two children in this generation that is lazy. And they no longer live at home either.
  • by sisterhazel Location: Chocowinity on Nov 14, 2010 at 07:07 AM
    The later generation is no more responsible that our generation today. And it is no one's fault but the person that was drinking. You cannot blame others for the careless reckless thing that one does. I am totally against drinking and driving and I feel that there should be stricter laws against it however it is no one's fault but this boys alone. No matter how many times he is told not to drink it doesn't matter because kids are going to do what they want to do. I am just thankful that no one was seriously injured.
  • by Allen Location: Greenville on Nov 14, 2010 at 06:49 AM
    Thank you Dar, you just saved me alot of typing. I think people need a little more time studying history to appreciate what we have and those who died to give it to us.
  • by Scotty Location: Greenville on Nov 14, 2010 at 06:25 AM
    To: Dar. What about this generation that has been in Iraq and Afghanistan. Can we not say that a lot of the men and women of both these generations sacrificed, work hard and did a lot in there 5 years? A good song regarding generations was Billy Joel's 'We didn't start the fire'. Give it a listen sometime.
  • by thomas Location: martin county on Nov 14, 2010 at 05:56 AM
    This is where the government SCREWS UP!!! They are trying to tax the heck out of smokes and tell you they are bad for you. But here we go again, at least you can smoke and drive. BUT when it comes to ALCOHOL, the government supports it B/c THEY are making more MONEY. ALL about the MONEY. 9 times outa 10 someone get hurt or KILLED when someone drinks and drive. I THINK THEY NEED TO TAX MORE ALCOHOL THAN SMOKES. might be less crashes.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 107778913 - witn.com/a?a=107778913