Troopers: Driver Cut Off, Crashes Into Ditch

A woman and her daughter were sent to the hospital in Beaufort County Saturday night after their car was cut off causing them to crash into a ditch according to troopers.

Troopers say the driver of the car that wrecked, Stephanie Escobar, and another witness tell them a car passed Escobar’s car in a no passing zone on Old Blounts Creek Rd. and then cut her off.

Escobar then lost control of her car, crossing through the left lane and crashing into a DOT sign and then the ditch on the opposite side of the road. The car that cut them off did not stop.

Escobar and her daughter were both taken to Beaufort County Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

• by 1st Amendment on Mar 27, 2011 at 09:02 AM
    @Stephanie. You and your family has the right to post here because of something that many brave men and women fight for each day...The Constitution. It also gives others the right to post here too. This has nothing to do with anything that may have occurred while you were in high school. It has to do with your actions on March 19, 2011. I do not know you and assume you are a decent person. However, I agree with ????? In that we will have to wait for the state's attorney to complete their investigation. Remember...hospital records can be obtained with a subpoena from the state's attorney. For your sake, I truly hope that there is nothing there for them to use against you.
  • by Stephanie Escobar-Noguera on Mar 26, 2011 at 07:09 AM
    To those of you posting negative comments about this situation this is a small town and you are probably someone that carries a grudge with me. Thats pathetic its been almost ten years since I got out of high school get over it. Must we repeat the grade school saying for you IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. You dont know me but you sure are interested in my life. Find another news story to pick apart because there just isn't one here.
  • by Me on Mar 23, 2011 at 09:30 PM
    There is never a reason to drink and drive. Even if you have had only one beer or drink. Then to put your child in the car with you is totally irresponsible. I have no patience and a low tolerance for that!!
      by You on Mar 26, 2011 at 07:33 AM in reply to Me
      You seem to have a personal problem with this girl stop harrassing her. If this story bothers you so much stop reading and posting about it. Your point of veiw can't be that important since you weren't there.
  • by Tonya Location: Wash. on Mar 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    So glad they are ok. People are in such a hurry to kill someone, not even realizing that it could be one of their family members. God be with us all. Luv ya Steph.
  • by meerkat Location: blounts creek on Mar 22, 2011 at 06:04 AM
    so glad to hear that they are doing ok. i agreed with some of you that people need to slow down, and pay more attention to the road. i, too, have been passed by many cars/trucks on HWY 33 and i said to myself what an idiot. i come from a big city (houston, tx)and i know how people are. but really whwn you are in a small town like here SLOW DOWN! Its not NASCAR either! If your late to work or whatever then its your fault not the other driver that you have cut off! I swear there needs to be a patrol car out there to cath these self center idiots.
  • by mom Location: Aurora on Mar 21, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    I really can't believe the things people comment on here. Not just about my Daughter getting in an accident, but other comments people have put up here about other stories. I don't understand why people want to blame, call people names, and just be down right mean. I guess everyone has forgot what it is like to have manners, and that we here in the south are suppose to be so kind and friendly. Thats to the person who is so concerned about her last name. Why can't everyone just be thankful that no one was killed or hurt worst than they were. The person who cut her off should take resposibility for it, but they will not and that is between them and God.
  • by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Mar 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    This person who did the cutting off and left the scene should be charged with leaving the scene of an accident and with reckless driving. What a dispicable way of driving. Stephanie, I'm glad you and your daughter were okay.
  • by Anon Location: BC on Mar 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    There are some really bad curves on that road. I once was sitting in my front yard (on that road) and watched a guy slip over his truck in the curve right in front of my house.
  • by DroppedMyTeeth Location: Eastern North Carolina on Mar 20, 2011 at 04:00 PM
    I cannot believe a law officer has ask someone to pursue an individual, that already has broken the law by driving radically, Road Rage, does anyone know what can happen, if they realize you are following them,? And also are you suppose to speed to keep up with them,? Are they giving you permission to break the law? Follow at a distance and if you can get the license plate number call it in and back off, people are getting shot for a lot less on the highways,,, you never know who youre following,,, be careful
      by Anonymous on Mar 20, 2011 at 10:00 PM in reply to DroppedMyTeeth
      That's why you have a nice "side-arm" within reach with you at all times. If some little punk does something stupid on the road, you can shoot a tire out.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Mar 20, 2011 at 03:29 PM
    There are some mean, hateful drivers out there, most are between 18-35. They think they are smarter because they drive faster than the law-abiding people. When THEY are lying in a crash pleading for help, maybe they will remember their ugly deed.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118309984 - witn.com/a?a=118309984