GREENE COUNTY: Watch Video Of Devastating Tornado

A tornado has caused severe damage in Greene County.

Jeff Hill sent in a picture of the tornado in front of Moose Lodge in Snow Hill.

Two people were seriously injured in Greene County, while 30 others were also hurt.

The Andy's restaurant on Highway 13 has been destroyed.

Several people were trapped in the Andy's, according to EMS workers.

Several homes are damaged.

There have been reports of damage in the Lakeview Community in Snow Hill.

There were power outages.

Three houses have been destroyed at the intersection of Highway 91 and Middle School Road.

There are also reports of damage in Hookerton.

Officials say a preliminary damage estimate is $7 million.

• by BrandyL. Location: Snow Hill on Apr 18, 2011 at 02:46 PM
    My family and I were in our van infront of the Andy's in Snow Hill when the tornado hit. Our 3 boys were strapped in their carseats and my husband and I were in the process of putting our seat belts on. Our van was lifted in the air and thrown into the building. My husband suuffered lacerations to his face and my boys had minor scratches. I have a broken leg, 2 cracked ribs, fractured collar bone/shoulder, and a broken finger, along with heart and lung bruising. We are SO blessed to be alive!
  • by maggieK. Location: Wayne County on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    I was sheltering at my daughter's in Snow Hill as I live in a DWMH and felt too uneasy about being there. I'm just over the county line into Wayne. When the power went out, we heard IT hit and it wasn't long until we started hearing all the rescue vehicles. We soon learned that it was much too close for comfort, but we were among the fortunate. My heart goes out to all the residents of Snow Hill and Greene County who were affected. It's an awful scene.
  • by GC on Apr 17, 2011 at 02:57 PM
    This report does not begin to describe the vast destruction in Greene County. Thankfully no one was killed, but there were some serious injuries. There are at least 8 homes destroyed in the neighborhood beside Andy's. On Beaman Old Creek Road, there are several homes destroyed. The Middle School/High School area has many homes destroyed. Pray for the people that have been displaced by this tragedy.
  • by someone Location: greene county on Apr 17, 2011 at 01:03 PM
    we don't have monday :( all schools in greene county
  • by H Location: snow hill on Apr 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    what exact time did the tornado hit andy's?
  • by JT Location: Snow Hill on Apr 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    A donation center has been opened at the old Snow Hill Fire Department. They are asking for clothing and canned goods.
  • by someone Location: greene county on Apr 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    were are we going school cause i need to now
  • by someone Location: greene county on Apr 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    if anyone that needs cloths or can goods reply cause my will help you
      by someone on Apr 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM in reply to someone
      sorry my church will help you
  • by God Bless America! Location: Goldsboro on Apr 17, 2011 at 09:00 AM
    This is just a small moment in time that makes everyone step back and realize what they have and how grateful they should be for life. Lets step up and show respect for each other and help each other as a whole. As people sharing this world we should all be willing to help each other all the time, not just after disasters.
  • by Vickie Location: Grimesland on Apr 17, 2011 at 08:59 AM
    I LOVE SH.I use to go to Baseball field all the time to watch kids play.What a quaint little town,with great hospitality.I hope you all recover soon.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119981414 - witn.com/a?a=119981414