WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

Three Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Three people had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday morning in Kinston after officials say a heat duct in their home's heating system had a hole in it.

Fire officials were called to the home on the 1400 block of Centennial Trail around 7 a.m. When officials arrived on scene the three people who live at the home were outside. All three were transported to the hospital and treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials say the daily limit you are supposed to be exposed to is 35 parts per million, but this home exceeded 600 parts per million, which is considered very dangerous.

Officials have vented out the home, but at this point the heating system is unsafe to use.

The three people are expected to be okay.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138263874 - witn.com/a?a=138263874