Three Men Arrested For String Of Armed Robberies

Greenville police have arrested three men who they say are responsible for a string of armed robberies that occurred Friday night.

20-year-old Emmanuel Burney, 18-year-old Cedric Hadley Prayer, Jr., and 18-year-old Christopher Dixon are each charged with three counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. All three are from Ayden.

According to Greenville police the first two robberies occurred at an apartment on East 10th Street. Two victims say three males, one with a handgun, confronted them and they robbed them of their money, wallets and a cell phone. The suspects fled on foot.

The third robbery occurred at an apartment on Bellamy Circle. A victim said three males robbed him of money, his wallet, and a cell phone. The victim was able to describe the vehicle they left in to police.

Then early Saturday morning police stopped the suspected vehicle and police found the victims’ property inside. The suspects were positively identified and were arrested and charged.

Burney is in jail under a $210,000 thousand dollar bond. Prayer and Dixon are in jail under a $75,000 thousand dollar bond each.

• by Parent on Apr 5, 2011 at 03:30 PM
    To the moms of 20-year-old Emmanuel Burney, 18-year-old Cedric Hadley Prayer, Jr., and 18-year-old Christopher Dixon. I am glad that your sons are each charged with three counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. You can see their mug shots on reflector.com. There is a special section in the paper that shows the booking pictures of thoses that are sent to the Pitt county Detention Center (Jail). I am sure you are proud of your sons.
  • by Parent Location: Greenville on Apr 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    to Anonymous, Where was he going to graduate from that his friends and the staff would be disappointed. I have never heard of teachers at regular, normal school refereed to as staff, just teachers or faculty. Death Row is full of people that have only made one mistake, or was it that they were only caught once. If we are so worried about the look of Pitt county and ENC, then why do we seem to have all this crime committed by certain groups. You have to fix the home before you can fix the village. Start at home.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 5, 2011 at 06:37 AM
    One of these ppl were due to graduate in 6wks, had a good GPA, and was (notice the past-tense) a good student. Dissapointment is an UNDERSTATEMENT for his friends and staff. No one would have thought he would get caught up in this foolishness. The 1st time he gets into trouble and his life is ruined. HOWEVER, to the ppl that are throwing their two-bit rasict, prejudiced comments, please keep them in your ignorant minds and consider what you are saying. The only people that can put a genuine opinion are the victim's parents, and even they are not saying the stupid things other ppl here are saying. Shame on WITN for allowing this bigotry to be posted on their site. You review it and it goes through for the masses to read. Great look for Pitt. Co. and ENC.
  • by Ayden mom on Apr 4, 2011 at 09:07 PM
    The 3rd one, Chris is the son of the career criminal, Anthony Cannon! He's following in his father's footsteps. Probably said "whaddup" at pcdc!
      by Gues Who? on Apr 5, 2011 at 05:12 AM in reply to Ayden mom
      Ms "Ayden Mom" I'm sure you know his family call them especially his grandmother and make this comment!Ha Ha Ha
        by Yo Mama on Apr 6, 2011 at 06:18 AM in reply to Gues Who?
        I agree call her and let ha know how you feel.
      by Guess Who on Apr 5, 2011 at 05:15 AM in reply to Ayden mom
      Since you are from Ayden you probably know his family - call them and tell it to them especially his grandmother!!!
  • by The Look on Apr 4, 2011 at 07:28 PM
    Look at the picture of the 3rd one...he has an angry look on his face as if he were saying "don't know what yall got me up in here fo...I ain't do nuttin". HAHAHAHAHA
  • by George on Apr 4, 2011 at 07:28 PM
    Too bad they did not try to rob me, I think I could have taken at least 2 of them out and then got the other 1 while running away.
      by Parent on Apr 4, 2011 at 08:13 PM in reply to George
      My son was one of the victims of these three Thug-a-Bunnys. One put the gun right on his forehead while the other two went through his pockets and took a lousy $30.00, his wallet, and a phone. They were arrested while getting food at McDonalds. My son is out the money, has to get a new license, replace his debt card, and buy a new wallet but at least he is alive and knows that these three will be serving time in prison. Rumor has it that two of them have already snitched on the one. They were caught with the gun, several stolen items, and hamburger grease rolling down their slimy, greasy faces. I bet their mothers are very proud of them right now. I guess when the seed is bad, the fruit can only be rotten.
        by Wilma; Greenvillle on Apr 5, 2011 at 06:55 AM in reply to Parent
        WITN, I am resubmitting my comment to "parent" as apparently you chose not to post my comment when submitted yesterday, even though i've followed all rules. See below: Parent: You have my sympathy as well. Unfortunately, GPD is either understaffed, or has the wrong leadership. While I believe the former is true, the latter is most certainly true. Let me give you an analogy: We all know that cockroaches are an infestation; you can throw some spray around and they will be gone for a week or so, but the best way to get rid of them is to call an exterminator, agree? Well, we need an exterminator running GPD, and we all know that leadership at GPD only wants to spray. We have an infestation of cockroaches in this city, and they will not go away unless we address the problem and go to extreme measures, rather than sweeping the problem under the rug, only to wait for the next roach to violate our home. Since we all know that this sweep will never occur, take matters in your own hand and get a gun permit. Protect what is yours, and don't hesitate to stop them when they violate your life. I'm sorry for what your son went through. Be happy he made the right decision and gave the thugs what they wanted at that time. You can always get money, but human life, especially the life of your son, you can't get back.
        by AGreiving Mother on Apr 5, 2011 at 07:29 AM in reply to Parent
        I am truly sorry that this had to happen to your son. I also hope that you get counseling for him.. This is a traumatic expereince for him. God Keep you well
          by Parent on Apr 5, 2011 at 07:51 AM in reply to AGreiving Mother
          Thank you for your kind words. My son has already spoken to the pastor of our church about this incident. I hope that the parents of these three criminals feel like failures because this is what they have raised. My son was coming home from work and was getting ready to just relax when this happened right outside of his apartment. As a parent, you know when the phone rings at certain tmes of the day that something is wrong, we just never expected to hear about one of our children being robbed at gunpoint. The GPD were there in less than 2 minutes and my son was able to identify them in just a few short hours. Two of the criminals had confessed and sold out the other one. They found the gun in the car and some of the items that were taken. I guess with two of them snitching, there is no honor among thieves like many of them profess. They don't need to worry about heaven because they are heading straight to he_l.
        by OpenCarry on Apr 5, 2011 at 05:50 PM in reply to Parent
        I'm sorry for the terrible trauma that your son has experienced, and pray that he will find a way to transform his pain and fear to become a stronger man. I am a member of "Students for Concealed Carry on Campus" at ECU, and I will gladly donate pepper spray to him and his two friends, at my expense, and will also offer to pay for a NC Concealed Carry certification class for him (at my expense) if he wishes to get a permit. I'm not saying that violence is the answer to violence--I'm just saying that his personal safety is HIS responsibility, and in the future, he needs to think about "leveling the playing field", for himself, and his future family... He can contact me through ECU's "OrgSync" at the SCCC site. Best wishes, and know that many people are praying for your family.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 4, 2011 at 06:44 PM
    kids look close, this is what drugs will do for you, get you thrown in jail
  • by Bruce the Shark Location: Greenville on Apr 4, 2011 at 06:32 PM
    To Me-Look at them. They could not even get a job at Good Burger, Welcome to good burger, Home of the Good burger, can I get you a good burger.
  • by Decision on Apr 4, 2011 at 06:24 PM
    What goes through the brains of these guys...AIR? And how do you make a decision to "jump in da car an go robbin"?? Looks like between the 3 of them at least one would have functioning brain cells. Oh well nothing like getting 3 birds with one stone...At least they were airheaded enough to stay together and have all the stolen goods still on them when they were caught, made GPD's job a little easier. GOOD JOB GPD, three more off the streets for now!
  • by me Location: bayboro on Apr 4, 2011 at 04:51 PM
    Most good people work for a living. Keep working until you get a better job. these 3 probably never looked.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119156389 - witn.com/a?a=119156389