DEPUTIES: Neighbors Steal From Fire Victim

A Pitt County man has become a victim twice this month after his home caught fire and then burglars stole what was left. Deputies say they've arrested the man's neighbors for the break-in.

Deputies have charged Leslie Holloman III, Luis Figueroa and a juvenile for breaking into the home on Debson Circle last week. Both men live on the same street, according to deputies.

The victim told deputies his home caught fire March 8th and because of the damage he had to live elsewhere. Many of the man's belongings were salvageable so the owner secured the home before leaving.

Stolen in the burglary were tools and electronic equipment, including a flat screen TV.

Holoman was jailed under a $25,000 bond while Figueroa's was set at $15,000.

• by MistahMe Location: Greenville, NC on Apr 28, 2011 at 01:21 AM
    I've met this guy in passing, and he didn't 'seem right to begin with'. Didn't figure this, but.
  • by Missingyhu! Location: greenville on Mar 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    dont comment anything if you dont really know what happened..
  • by Missingyhu! Location: greenville on Mar 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    dont comment anything if you dont really know what happened..
  • by Anonymous Location: Eastern, NC on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:25 AM
    I agree that half the nation was unemployed before Obama, but only an idiot could overlook how terrible things have gotten and continue to get over the past two years and it would take an even bigger idiot to not fear what is to come in the next two years. Unemployed doesn't make it acceptable to rob your neighbors. Have you all been watching the news? People are being shot in their own homes so people can rob them. It's getting sick out there and it's not going to get any better until we get a much needed change and someone competent enough in office to make that change!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 31, 2011 at 12:26 AM
    I met a lady a few days ago and she said her home burned down. When she went back home all her stuff was gone... even her dirty underwear! I'm wondering if these could be the same guys? I hope lots of guys put honey buns on your bunk when you're in prison.
  • by rl Location: bear grass on Mar 30, 2011 at 03:31 PM
    chop a hand off and the next time get the other hand. i do not think there would be a next time.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 30, 2011 at 01:21 PM
    Winning!
  • by me Location: Bayboro on Mar 30, 2011 at 01:07 PM
    There is only one answer for this. There are some people that cannot live in our society and have to be done away with.
  • by Melvin Location: Jacksonville on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    All neck and no brain
  • by Kathy on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    During the flood of 1999, when the water cleared and I was able to get back into my house, half of my stuff was gone including my dining room table, refrigerator and stove and CDs. I found out that people like these two fine upstanding gentleman had been ravaging houses on boats. Can you believe that? Boats. My neighbor lost her jukebox and couch and chairs. These looters were never caught. I just hate the low-life who live among us.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118910254 - witn.com/a?a=118910254