Three Charged In Sheetz Stabbing

Three people have been arrested for trying to kill an Alabama man outside a Greenville convenience store.

Back on April 1st police say Christopher Daniels was cut on the throat in the Sheetz parking lot on Charles Boulevard. He was taken to Pitt County Memorial Hospital with what were called potential life threatening injuries.

Police have now charged Latoya Hemby with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, while Demetrice Jenkins and Bernard McCarter have been charged with felony conspiracy.

The three were arrested by the U.S. Marshal's Task Force and police say additional arrests are possible.

• by me Location: here on May 27, 2011 at 07:07 AM
    This was a horrible incident, I know first hand, this kind of thing stick with you. I am so glad these folks are being held accountable for their screwed up actions. It was like watching animals attack with no regard for human life. I hope these people have a lot of time to sit and think about how they affected this man and his family.
  • by Three sheets to the wind on May 10, 2011 at 07:14 AM
    I guess those criminals were drunk at the time?
  • by OpenCarry on May 9, 2011 at 07:43 PM
    Although I am a big proponent for Concealed Carry, this was one of those situations where Open Carry would have most likely prevented the entire event. Even crazy hood-rat thugettes generally won't mess with a person who is obviously armed. Concealed Carry just makes you look like all the other helpless sheeple--Open Carry lets the whole world know where you stand--that you ARE NOT willing to be a victim... Hopefully these three "lower-case Gs" will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and will be removed from polite society for a LONG time...
  • by RdoubleD on May 9, 2011 at 07:26 PM
    If I had to guess, I would say it was the cashier who got it when they totalled up the gas price.
  • by Anonymous on May 9, 2011 at 07:19 PM
    r-uh.....lol
  • by Douglas Location: Greenville on May 9, 2011 at 04:35 PM
    I now advocate keeping a policeman in your pocket.
      by Anonymous on May 9, 2011 at 07:37 PM in reply to Douglas
      Yes Sir Douglas, I keep mine handy at all times!
      by s/o on May 9, 2011 at 08:29 PM in reply to Douglas
      the policeman in your pocket is called a glock .45 cal
      by pocket cop on May 9, 2011 at 10:43 PM in reply to Douglas
      aka glock or smith and wesson because when seconds count officers are only minutes away
  • by Gville on May 9, 2011 at 03:52 PM
    US Marshalls...Can't our law do anything in this town. Nothing seems to surprise me any more. Just getting worse.
  • by Lookat the info Location: Greenville on May 9, 2011 at 03:40 PM
    Latoya and Demetrice - Wonder where they originate from?
      by Tristan on May 9, 2011 at 04:54 PM in reply to Lookat the info
      Sounds like England or Ireland.
      by RdoubleD on May 9, 2011 at 06:51 PM in reply to Lookat the info
      Awesome post. Everyone gets it. Thanks!
      by Anon on May 9, 2011 at 07:39 PM in reply to Lookat the info
      Let Me Guess....AFRIKA?
      by Fact Bringer on May 9, 2011 at 08:42 PM in reply to Lookat the info
      Could you expand on the point you'd like to make? Thank you.
      by gingerg on May 9, 2011 at 08:43 PM in reply to Lookat the info
      Probably from the United States of America
  • by Jack Location: Greenville on May 9, 2011 at 03:33 PM
    I am proud to live in this city. Sure, we have our share of crime, but so does every other city across the state. I'm thankful for the men and women who make it their life's work to defend this city, and to make it a great place to live. Thank you U.S. Marshall's, Greenville PD, Greenville Fire/Rescue, and anyone else to makes it a point to make my city safer.
      by Gas Station Robberies on May 9, 2011 at 08:58 PM in reply to Jack
      Yes, I see people robbed at the gas pump all the time, in all cities. WITN just doesn't have the time or resources to cover ALL the news stories in all the towns & cities. There must be hundreds of stories just like this every month. My throat has been slashed 7 times in the last 4 years. It's dangerous just to step outside my door. I have my gas delivered now.
  • by henry on May 9, 2011 at 01:37 PM
    is it just me or is gville getting WAYY too dangerous?? almost everyday now theres a stabbing, shooting, or armed robbery!! and now US Marshalls in Gville??? this is getting out of hand....

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121513099 - witn.com/a?a=121513099