Thomas, Parmalee Back On Stage

Scott Thomas the drummer of the band Parmalee who was hospitalized following a robbery that turned into a shooting in the bands RV will be back on the stage performing tonight at a New Years Eve party.

Thomas was shot during a botched robbery in September. The Greenville band had just played a show in rock hill, South Carolina. Thomas exchanged gun fire with one of the suspects, killing him and sending Thomas to the hospital for weeks.

At one point Thomas was placed in a medically induced coma and was given a slim chance at surviving. After several surgeries, Thomas pulled through and was released from the hospital. He's expected to perform with Parmalee tonight at chef's 505 in Greenville.

• by OpenCarry on Jan 1, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    Scott is a hero, and should be recognized as such for saving his own life, and that of his fellow band members. It's refreshing to know that SOME people in NC still have a spine, and take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their own safety, and are NOT willing to be victims anymore. Welcome back Scott, and may you have a safe and peaceful future! You are an inspiration to all law-abiding citizens...
  • by Scott Location: Greenville on Jan 1, 2011 at 05:01 PM
    Not once has Scott or any Parmalee band member asked for any fundraiser or a single dollar or any publicity. PERIOD
  • by Vance on Jan 1, 2011 at 04:29 PM
    Sober,please save your rhetoric to blasphemas rap artist.If you listen to this bands lyrics you would have a change of heart if you have one.If not listen to the band CREED.Title, HUMAN CLAY!LISTEN AND LEARN!
  • by Sober Location: Pitt county on Jan 1, 2011 at 01:49 PM
    I agree that no tragedy should go unnoticed and I also pray for the spiritual condition of these band members. I hope they can find a career path that honors God.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 1, 2011 at 01:38 PM
    Good, now maybe we can stop hearing about it.
  • by Vince Location: Greenville on Jan 1, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    To Sober: I don't understand your logic. Didn't the police officer choose a career that involves violence? Didn't he know that he most definitely would be interacting with violent people while fulfulling the duties of his position? If so, then he made his choice and donations to his cause were obviously "thrown away" as well. At least that's how your logic would follow. I think both are horrible tragedies. Unfortunately, the officer's tragedy had a much worse outcome. I hope that both families get whatever they need (financially, spiritually, emotionally, etc...) to get them through these trying times.
  • by To Sober on Dec 31, 2010 at 10:19 PM
    Great question-I have no idea how much money was donated to Scott or the wounded office in Roanoke Rapids. I do know that Scott had the support of the entire communinty around him and I know that he asked for nothing. His friends raised money and held the benefits that led to the donations. His community took the time to organize these fundraisers and keep his name in the public to help raise money for him. It's just like any other charity....the more awareness, the more people will give. If you would give me the donation information for the wounded office, I will gladly make a contribution, as I made many for Scott. I knew exactly where I should send my money for him. As did everyone else that felt like they should donate.
  • by Tis the Season Location: ENC on Dec 31, 2010 at 05:28 PM
    Tis the season for PEACE HOPE AND LOVE! TOO BAD some of you do not know what that is about! Scott and his Family which includes the Band Parmalee which are actual family members also cousin of David Garrard's wife Mary have alot of support as any member of a community would in a tragedy such as this. Communities come together! Scott was and is very blessed to be alive and his community is very thankful for that. Sorry some of you don't understand what that means.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 31, 2010 at 04:19 PM
    Donations were made to help with bills, yet he carried a deer head to the taxidermist this week. Must not be too bad off financially.
  • by Sober Location: Pitt County on Dec 31, 2010 at 03:30 PM
    I am glad Mr. Thomas is doing okay, but I hate to see all the money thrown away on donations to him. These gentlemen have chosen to entertain at drinking establishments as their career choice. Alcohol produces violence. I'd just like to know how much more was raised for Mr. Thomas, who got shot outside of a bar, versus the Roanoke Rapids police officer that was shot recently while trying to protect the public. I don't know Mr. Thomas and am not judging him, but am questioning those who donated big bucks. Just my two cents worth.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112723204 - witn.com/a?a=112723204