Authorities say a suspect in a series on bomb threat calls has been released from jail.
Sheriff Ed Brown says Gerald Jackson was released around 4:30 p.m. after posting $50,000 bond.
A Superior Court judge lowered the 19-year-old's bond from $103,000 Friday morning. Conditions include Jackson can't use electronic communication devices,or be allowed near or on school property of any kind.
A judge this morning reduced the bond for a teenager accused of calling in 19 different bomb threats in Onslow County.
Gerald Jackson was arrested earlier this month for a series of bomb threats that plagued schools and businesses in the county for nearly two months.
A Superior Court judge lowered the 19-year-old's bond from $103,000 to $50,000 secured. Conditions include Jackson can't use electronic communication devices,or be allowed near or on school property of any kind.
Jackson's name came up in a phone call between Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown and political opponent Hans Miller. In the recorded call, Brown told Miller that that he was going to turn over information to the District Attorney's Office that Miller and his campaign were connected to a rash of bomb threats.
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown says his county has been terrorized by a teenager for the past month and a half who is now charged with calling in 20 different bomb threats.
Gerald Jackson was arrested Monday by deputies. The 18-year-old is accused of calling in the threats to schools and businesses since mid-February.
The teen is also charged by Jacksonville police with making four bomb threats in the city.
Sheriff Brown says Jackson told them he had no intention of hurting anyone, he was only working out frustrations. Jackson is a former student at Southwest High School, which was one of the schools targeted.
In one case last week, students were evacuated from one school to another school which then had its own bomb threat. Brown says it's estimated his office spent $120,000 in manpower to cover all of the bomb threats.
Deputies say the first bomb threat was made on February 24th and the last on April 4th.
Jacksonville police charged Jackson with calling in bomb threats at both Walmart's on different days, Onslow Memorial Hospital and at a McDonalds Restaurant.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office says a teenager has been arrested for making multiple bomb threats in Onslow County and Jacksonville.
Lawmen arrested 18-year-old Gerald Jackson of Jacksonville.
Authorities haven’t said how many bomb threats were made, or what the locations were.
We'll post a mug shot as soon as one is available.
More information is expected during a news conference Tuesday morning.