Cherry Branch-Minnesott Beach route will shut down for a period of time Wednesday for ramp maintenance. The Swan Quarter-Ocracoke Ferry will run once Wednesday, but will not run at all Thursday.
The normal schedule will resume Wednesday afternoon for the Cherry Branch-Minnesott ferry, once the work is completed. Weather permitting, the route will shut down after the 12:15 p.m. departures and remain closed until 2:15 p.m. There will be no 1:15 p.m. or 1:45 departures from either side.
The changes in schedule for the Swan Quarter-Ocracoke route are to allow the ferry to move to Cedar Island where it will accommodate tour buses that have scheduled the trip months ago.
The schedule for Wednesday is as follows:
· Departing Cedar Island for Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m., 10 and 1 p.m.
· Departing Ocracoke for Cedar Island at 7:30 a.m., 10 and 4:30 p.m.
· Departing Swan Quarter for Ocracoke at 4:30 p.m.
· Departing Ocracoke for Swan Quarter at 12:45 p.m.
The schedule for Thursday is as follows:
· Departing Cedar Island for Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m. and 4:30
· Departing Ocracoke for Cedar Island at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m. and 4:30
· Cancellation of runs at Swan Quarter-Ocracoke
The Swan Quarter-Ocracoke ferry will not be running Tuesday.
The Clerk of Court Sharon Sadler suggests that jurors for Superior Court take the Ocracoke-Hatteras ferry at 7 a.m. in order to report for jury duty at 11 a.m.
According to the DOT, the Swan Quarter-Ocracoke ferry run is not happening Tuesday because a boat is being moved to Cedar Island to accommodate traffic.
For more information, go to http://www.ncdot.gov/ferry/.