Staffer Charged In Case Involving Five Year Old In Wheelchair

A staffer at a business that provides services to the developmentally disabled is accused of child abuse to a five year old child in a wheelchair.

Goldsboro police say Mable Williams was arrested Monday on one count of misdemeanor child abuse. Police say back in November they were called by the Department of Social Services about a child injured at Skill Creations on Royal Avenue.

After an investigation, police say they found Williams was neglectful when she secured the child in restraints while the child was in a wheelchair. The 58-year-old Williams was given a $1,000 secured bond.

• by Watcher on Aug 4, 2011 at 05:27 AM
    SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY!
  • by Jennifer on Apr 14, 2011 at 05:14 AM
    I know the parents of this little girl and I have never met the most dependable people. I think this women did this on purpose because this little girl didn't deserve this. (I don't care what anyone has to post about my comment) This is freedom of speech and I hope the court gives her what she deserves. This child should not have had to been abused!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 13, 2011 at 07:40 AM
    This lady is also a child of God. Tomika who do you think God loves more? I say he loves all his children equally. He has no respect of persons.
  • by Friend of Family on Apr 11, 2011 at 05:03 PM
    Amen Tomika and thanks for seeing the real story behind this. (This is not about a persons color because the child is blind and she can't see people she can only see a person's heart!)...you know that since you know the family....God bless you !!!
      by Tomika on Apr 11, 2011 at 06:42 PM in reply to Friend of Family
      True this child has no concept of time so yes your right. I hope this lady gets what she deserves and pays the price for doing a child of god wrong, accident or not she should have still protect this child in some way possible and she didn't.
        by mary on Apr 13, 2011 at 07:47 AM in reply to Tomika
        This lady was only a care giver, who loves her job and people. She would never have done anything to hurt this child or anyone deliberately. Accidents do happen, that is why they are called Accidents, they are not done intentionally.
      by Mary on Apr 13, 2011 at 07:43 AM in reply to Friend of Family
      Friend of Family, Think about it very strongly. Where would you be if you got what you deserve. The God I know is rich in mercy everyday. The reason he is, is because we all need his mercy everyday. Stop being so judgemental. The day will come, when you will be judge. Judge not and you will not be judge. Were you there, when this accident happen?
  • by Tomika on Apr 10, 2011 at 07:15 PM
    I know this little girl and she is outrageously special. Her parents are really good people. They have so much hard work to do to help this one child. I don't care if this was an accident or not it should not have happened. I know the story and our hearts go out to the child. This women needs to pay for what she did.
      by watcher on Apr 11, 2011 at 05:04 PM in reply to Tomika
      Amen
      by Mary on Apr 13, 2011 at 07:51 AM in reply to Tomika
      Your day will come, when you will say oh it was accident and your comment that you don't care whether this situation was an accident, concerning this lady, will immediately come to mind. Just as sure as you are human and alive and active you will have an accident of some sort. Unless you are perfect, and with your unforgiving heart, we know that isn't true.
        by watcher on Apr 14, 2011 at 05:05 AM in reply to Mary
        You can't even speak. This family is great you don't know them
  • by mary on Apr 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    I am going to say this, throughout all of the accusations against this lady. This lady have remained true to who she really is. She have not said one evil word against anyone involved in this matter. She have continue to maintain the person of honor, integrity, love, respect, for herself and others. She have not said anything negative against all the people who wish her harm, not even her accusers.
      by Friend of Family on Apr 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM in reply to mary
      well this family didn't deserve this and they have been quite as well throughout all of this. They didn't take out the charges the state did get your facts straight
        by Mary on Apr 13, 2011 at 07:45 AM in reply to Friend of Family
        I don't think you are a friend of the family. I think you are a liabilty to the family.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 9, 2011 at 09:51 AM
    Corrections, I agree you shouldn't cover up for lazy workers, this lady is NOT one of them.
      by Mark on Apr 10, 2011 at 09:38 AM in reply to
      Yes she is
        by mary on Apr 13, 2011 at 07:53 AM in reply to Mark
        I just laughed at your statement. You don't know her, obviously.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 9, 2011 at 04:32 AM
    you heard wrong.
      by Anonymous on Apr 10, 2011 at 09:39 AM in reply to
      yes she is
        by Mary on Apr 13, 2011 at 07:53 AM in reply to
        The same reply to mark, goes for you.
          by Anonymous on Apr 14, 2011 at 05:08 AM in reply to Mary
          I read your threads above Mary and you don't seem like a christian if you are passing judgments on other people. Its called FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
  • by mary on Apr 8, 2011 at 02:57 PM
    To friend of family, I will make any comment that I like on this website. Just as you do, this is public knowledge and these comments are based on some facts, lies, public opinion, and speculations. Were you there?
  • by Stephaine on Apr 6, 2011 at 04:50 AM
    I think this women is guilty. Child abuse is child abuse no matter what.
      by watcher on Apr 6, 2011 at 05:00 AM in reply to Stephaine
      Amen

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117951434 - witn.com/a?a=117951434