Son Witnesses Father's Death

Thanksgiving Day turned tragic for a family in Pitt County.

35-year-old Tyrone Jenkins of Durham was riding in a dirt field near the Boys and Girls Club on Highway 33 West with his 13-year-old son around 11 this morning.

Chief James Tripp with the Pitt County Sheriff's Office says Jenkins' son, tried to warn his father about a ditch in the field, but Jenkins didn't hear the warning and ran into it.

Jenkins was transported to Pitt County Memorial Hospital, but died from his injuries.

Tripp says Jenkins was visiting his mother and family for the holidays.

• by DM BARBER SHOP Location: DURHAM N.C. on Nov 29, 2010 at 03:21 PM
    FROM TYRONE"S BROTHERS AT DM BARBER SHOP YOU WILL TRULY BE MISSED FOR ALL THE GOODTIMES AND GREAT TIMES LOVES ALWAYS YOUR BROTHERS GOD BLESS THE JENKINS FAMILY
  • by Tonya Porter Location: Rocky Mount on Nov 29, 2010 at 01:21 PM
    Nothing will ever be able to replace the role that Tack played in his families life. Although I never met him personally I do know some of the Jenkins Family members, and my prayers go out to them during their time of mourning. They are all so close and they ALWAYS celebrated together. To the family: continue to carry on the legacy and continue to celebrate the wonderful life that he lived, a part of him is still here(his children, his wife, live for them cause they will need you now more then ever. Belinda,KeKe,Bean,Freda,Reecie, my heart and prayers go out to you.
  • by lilbit Location: greenville on Nov 26, 2010 at 05:06 PM
    R.I.P. tack. u will truly be missed !!! to freda & fam yall r in my prayers .yall no that our familys are combined and we love you all!!!tack will not be forgotten!! you have our support kecia & the jenkins family!!!
  • by U.D. Location: Greenville on Nov 26, 2010 at 01:26 PM
    My heart goes out to the wife and kids and the Jenkins Family. This is such a tradgic loss."Tac" was a good friend of mine's and he will truly be missed but not forgotten. May God be with you all...
  • by keith williams Location: durham on Nov 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    My condolences to the family. He was a dear and true friend of mine who will be missed but never forgotten. May God bless you bro. There will never be another you. you were my ace.
  • by Law Abiding Citizen Location: Greenville on Nov 26, 2010 at 07:24 AM
    My Condolences to the entire Jenkins family. I graduated high school with "Tac" and knew him to be such a fun loving guy. He will truly be missed. To the family,I pray that GOD gives you the strength to endure and the comfort to get through.
  • by SYMPATHETIC Location: FALKLAND on Nov 26, 2010 at 07:19 AM
    i did not know this family, but cried at this tragedy on a holiday. Which will never be the same for them. May God be with them all and allow this to bring them closer. reading the comments of others seems he was a great man. why is it always happens to the good ones and not the ones causing harm to others, not that we want it to happen to anyone. May God speed healing to your hearts and allow your love for each other to grow and get you all through this. Prayers are up for you all.
  • by Ne Location: Greenville on Nov 26, 2010 at 06:37 AM
    Prayers to the family for this tragic accident.
  • by Mika on Nov 26, 2010 at 05:40 AM
    We will truly miss you. My prayers are with the Jenkins Family.
  • by Frances on Nov 26, 2010 at 04:28 AM
    How horrible especially,for this child. Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Tyrone Jenkins.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110723184 - witn.com/a?a=110723184