Some Snow Possible Saturday Night

The first real taste of winter may be headed to eastern North Carolina Saturday night. A fast moving storm system across the Midwest will track just to the south of our area Saturday night spreading an area of light rain and snow into the region. It is not expected to be heavy but some light accumulation of snow could occur across some inland and northern sections by early Sunday morning. Temperatures Saturday night will drop to around freezing or slightly below. Temperatures should reach the lower to middle 40s Sunday melting any snow that could accumulate.

• by Why the over-reaction? Location: Greenville on Dec 4, 2010 at 02:46 PM
    I'd understand the rush to get the milk, bread, eggs, toilet paper, and all other base necessities if we were getting a blizzard, but really, people, it's LIGHT accumulation. If you already needed the stuff then fine, but no need to cause a mad rush at the grocery store, or go out of your way to buy stuff you already have enough of for tonight anyway. The snow will be gone be tomorrow evening, I'll bet. No need for the panic. Just like eastern NC to go crazy everytime they hear the words snow, hurricane, or flood. Even if it's only a chance. No wonder the northerners think we're crazy. Anyway, I'm glad we're getting at least a little snow this early in the year. It's the first time in quite a while and I've always enjoyed a December with snow. Happy Holidays, everyone.
  • by really?????? on Dec 4, 2010 at 07:25 AM
    OMG, I must get to wal-mart fast!!! Im going to buy water, bread, eggs, and milk!!! Toilet paper too. i cant believe its going to snow, i love this winter weather stuff. im so happy right now. i hope it snows on christmas too! that would be the most perfect christmas. I love this season!!
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Dec 4, 2010 at 07:04 AM
    Milk & Bread? Definitely. Eggs? nah. Would probably bake a DeGiorno's and get some KFC. Cold chicken or pizza is great!
  • by Anonymous on Dec 4, 2010 at 06:18 AM
    @susan - maybe they're baking a cake.
  • by Jt Location: mc on Dec 4, 2010 at 05:32 AM
    when the nws issues a winter weather advisory then I will look for some snow...if there are no advisories or warnings...there is never any snow
  • by susan on Dec 4, 2010 at 03:24 AM
    ever wonder why people buy bread, eggs, and milk? maybe they're making french toast.
  • by T Maxx Location: G-vegas on Dec 3, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    light chance of snow send every one in a panic. All the bread, eggs and milk rushing out of the stores.So people enjoy the few flares you may or may not see.
  • by ZMan on Dec 3, 2010 at 07:22 PM
    Yeah right! I guess it's that time of year again! Off to the store people HURRY!!! HA HA HA!!!
  • by Tinkaa Location: Lewiston,NC on Dec 3, 2010 at 07:22 PM
    Hooray.!]-' Can't wait.!♥
  • by Jeff on Dec 3, 2010 at 07:21 PM
    I wouldnt hold my breath. when they usually say anything about snow flurries around here it dont happen. Its hard to predict.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111290634 - witn.com/a?a=111290634