Some Businesses Stay Open Despite Snow

While the snow forced many Greenville businesses to remain closed Sunday, others decided to go ahead and open.

Employees at Golden Corral said they had a small breakfast crowd of about 50 people and stayed open. Five Guys was open for business as well. Despite the weather, manager James Hewitt says the restaurant wanted to at least provide the opportunity for people venturing out.

"There's gonna be a lot of places closed, but we want to be open for the people out and about. I know a lot of churches are closed and we usually have an after church lunch crowd; but we are open and I want to support the businesses that are open in town today and we're here if anybody needs us."

• by pizza guy Location: Greenville on Dec 28, 2010 at 06:28 AM
    What's funny is people not understanding why it will take so long to get their food delivered. What you mean you can't give me no time? I's hungry and wants my food. I told them to look out the window. How can people be that utterly stupid and inconsiderate?
  • by Neo Location: Reality on Dec 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    The cat doesn't bury it "V", the dog does. Then he digs it up again and eats it. I guess if "meow" means "bury it", the cats been telling him to do it. These animals are so intelligent...a little dirt won't hurt it I guess they are figuring....HAHAHAHAHAHAHhahah!!!
  • by V on Dec 27, 2010 at 07:42 AM
    I agree Neo,Meow means only two things.Food and time to bury it.
  • by Neo Location: Reality on Dec 26, 2010 at 08:03 PM
    I bet you shopaholic, after Christmas, superficial bargain hunting nuts are going out of your silly minds!! HAHAHAHAHahahahah!!!! BTW, I asked my cat what he thought of the snow and he said ...."meow"..HAha, so enlightening these intelligent animals are....hahhahahaha! pet parents unite!!! hahahahahahaha!!! Sorry, I'm still reeling over the pets are just like children stories that have been on here lately. HAHAHAHAHahahaha!!
  • by a shame on Dec 26, 2010 at 06:51 PM
    On a snowy Sunday, no one "needs" fast food or any other retail store for that matter! What we really need is for retail owners to care about their employees and the welfare of their families more than money. We all survived 'back in the day' when stores didn't open on Sundays, snow or not. We could make it for a day or two now as well. It is not worth risking lives, both employees and rescue personnel who may have to help them!
  • by new bern Location: new bern, nc on Dec 26, 2010 at 06:36 PM
    The businesses that are open should pay for their employees vehicles to be repaired if they have a wreck since the all mighty dollar is more important than a human life.
  • by me Location: greenville on Dec 26, 2010 at 06:28 PM
    Sheetz is ALWAYS open!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112482499 - witn.com/a?a=112482499