Some 300 Pot Plants Seized In Dare County Searches

Hundreds of marijuana plants were found Thursday in what Dare County deputies say was a large growing operation.

Ritchie McGhee and Tammy French, both of Southern Shores are charged with trafficking in marijuana and manufacture marijuana.

Deputies say they seized approximately 150 plants in Waves and another 150 in Southern Shores after they obtained search warrants.

Both McGhee and French, who live on Holly Trail, were jailed on $75,000 bonds.

• by tia Location: OBX on Feb 26, 2011 at 07:26 AM
    I look out my window every day at scum lord property, tax payers pay to have his trailers fixed for illegal people to live in--- I see these illegals drive daily - (Bundle package deal when they buy their vehicles-) I a legal sit in lines to be legal driver- Their kids can play by rd- miss school and our Social services say "there's not much we can do- I see all kinds of people (mostly illegals getting help from this state) those who work had and need help thru winter are turned down- But hey lets watch dealers for months , spend $$$$ and time to "make sure we have a bust " haha--- I know when I'm high I want to drive crazy and do stupid stuff - Alcohol is Bad-and the hardest drug to stop using - Lets keep it legal- keep herb enjoyers in jail and illegals running rampade
  • by abcd Location: unknown on Feb 14, 2011 at 06:14 PM
    if you guys did your research you would realize that the state actually taxes the drugs that drug dealers intend to sell. You can order drug stamps from raleigh so that if you get caught dealing drugs you dont have to pay the fines for not paying taxes. So actually, the state made money on this bust. My guess is 6 figures if there were 300 pot plants.
  • by boogie Location: avon nc on Feb 10, 2011 at 04:11 PM
    legalize it this is a big waste of tax dollars. we could use the money the police spent on this bust to save some state jobs.
  • by c-had Location: police state nc on Feb 7, 2011 at 06:39 PM
    I have noticed the frequency of posts opposing the legalization of herb on these blogs has diminished.Could it be that you realize that your argument doesnt hold water?I mean,in print you just look ignorant because your logic fails.... LEGALIZE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • by DareDaytona Location: At the beach.. on Feb 6, 2011 at 05:11 PM
    The total bust of these "drug dealers" was less then the funds used to bust the growers. Good job on wasting tax payers money. An equal and more DANGEROUS bust of an equal METH factory would rake in more money and actually provide protection to the public. But since marijuana is proven to be less harmful than prescribed legal drugs and alcohol, tobacco, and coffee why is this plant illegal? Lets boost the economy NC and get this legalized and let the public get some well spent tax monies back to us.
  • by Greg Location: Ob on Feb 6, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    Stop clogging justice system with pot cases. Go harder after crack, meth and heroin. With local police budgets strained it doesnt make sense.
  • by ROBBIE Location: coinjock on Feb 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    Yes lets all go out for a drink and discuss what to do with all of this contraband. I have a few ideas of my own but I think I will probably keep them to myself. Gotta go take a zanax and a sleeping pill. Time to go to bed. SWEET DREAMS!!!!!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 4, 2011 at 05:20 PM
    Need to legalize it the gov't would make a lot of money off this being legal!
  • by zhaygoddess Location: va on Feb 4, 2011 at 04:59 PM
    i can't believe tax payers money is being on pot dug busts. catch a murderer, a rapist a thief........no i'm not a drug user bur the meth and crack and alcohol is far more dangerous. catch up with the rest of the nation, legalize it, tax it and stop wasting time and money and paper.
  • by c-had Location: police state nc on Feb 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    It costs the taxpayers 47,000 dollars a year on average to incarcerate a single individual.The penalty for this crime is 35 to 42 months.42 months@47,000 a year=164,500 US dollars. Now multiply this by all of the other growers being hassled and you come up with an astronomical number.Please tell me you dont think this makes since as I am hoping you have portion of your brain thats not closed..Not to mention the overzealous drug units are filling the prisons so that your friendly neighborhood rapists,murderers,child molesters and thieves are released early at an alarming rate.This makes no sense whatsoever.The people that are most vehemently against herb are the most ignorant about it.Of course they are opposed.We all know people who are afraid of what they do not understand.....

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115220214 - witn.com/a?a=115220214